Game does not load! HELP PLEASE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game does not load! HELP PLEASE!

I am having problems with battlefield 2. I have got BF2 and BF2 special forces installed with all of the patches and none of them work. I insert disc double click on icon to load game. You get the big images saying battlefield 2 and then it goes to a black screen for 2 or 3 seconds and crashes back to desktop. No error messages appear. All firewall and other security setting are correct.

AMD 64 3500+
    3GB DDR Ram
    ATI Radeon X800 256mb

Re: Game does not load! HELP PLEASE!

There is a way around it, go to RUN >> Type "services.msc" (Without Quotes) >> Scroll down to "Wireless Zero Configuration" >> Stop that service. It should stop CTD's when you click the Join Game Button.

If that fails, reinstall BF2 with the full 1.3 patch.

Comment

I cant clikc the join button any way. The game doesnt even load up. The screen goes black for 2 seconds and then back to desktop

Comment

Try reinstalling/updating drivers on your vid card?

Comment

Ok i have fixed it now. I have now got another problem. When i goto join a game it will free at 28%, its show in the bottom left it is rendering the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by roadrage639
            Ok i have fixed it now. I have now got another problem. When i goto join a game it will free at 28%, its show in the bottom left it is rendering the sound.
            Wierd...sound card issue?

Comment

I am using the built in sound card on my mother board. Its a realtek AC97. I have all of the updates i know of for it.

Comment

Did you enable EAX....turn it off. Did you enable sound through hardware...turn it to software. Did you set sound quality to high...turn it to medium.

Comment

I have done all of that but it still jams while loading

Comment

*** IGNORE - too late at posting! ***

I just got SF today and had problems, but fixed them by uninstalling then:

1 - Re-installing Battlefield
                    2 - then installed Battlefield SF
                    3 - the downloaded the FULL 1.3 patch - 437Mb - tried with incrementals but it didnt like it, and had to start again!
                    4 - Installed Euroforce add on
                    5 - Punkbuster.

hope this helps!

Comment

At this point I am inclined to think it is your drivers, mobo, etc. BF really has no known issues with sound...

Comment

Yes FortressAnfield i have tried that many times all ready but does not work

To be honest battlefield is the crappest game because of so many bugs

FortressAnfield it was just a geuss it was with my sound because it frrezes at 28 or 29% every time and says at bottom left "sound"

Comment

Working...
                        X