Video settings - Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video settings - Need help

As i watched a few demos today... i noticed 2 things.

1) None of the players were lagging like i do on certain maps or in certain situations.

2) I noticed the colors of the names of players REALLY sticking out. My red / blue names are nowhere near as bright as they were in the demos.

Now , i have a 256meg video card ( might even be higher if it exists ) and i didnt touch any of the settings when i installed. My biggest complaint is that i lag when inside a chopper trying to aim the rockets from the secondary position, or i lag when im on certain maps that have slight fog etc. Now.. i constantly look at my ping ( always under 100 ) so i know its not that. Ive downloaded the newest video drivers ( thats the first problem i had with the game when i installed it.) so they are up to date. What else can i do to config my machine to run smoother?

I enjoy playing at 600x800, and i enjoy looking at graphics, but is this something that is messing me up?

Any advice, or links to sites with write ups on fixing lag spikes / video settings would be great.... thanks in advance.

Re: Video settings - Need help

Won't be able to give you any advise until you post up your system specs.

BTW, don't plan on getting sweet graphics at 800x600 . . .bleh.

Also, it's possible that they just maxed the settings in BR or BL, as it doesn't affect the frame rate on playback as it would in game.

Comment

You might want to actually post your system specs if you want to get any help. Also why is it that when people are talking about video cards they asume that the amount of onboard memory is the biggest factor when considering if they have a "good" video card? There are video cards out with 128mb that will out perform cards with 256mb.

Comment

Originally posted by barneythecarney
        You might want to actually post your system specs if you want to get any help. Also why is it that when people are talking about video cards they asume that the amount of onboard memory is the biggest factor when considering if they have a "good" video card? There are video cards out with 128mb that will out perform cards with 256mb.
        Bang on the money Barney!

2 things you only need ever look for in a good graphics card

1. 256bit memory interface, notice i said BIT & not MB (NEVER buy a 128bit Graphics Card!)
        2. Number of piplenes, more is better.

Again you need to post your system specs for the remotest chance of any help.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorman01
          Bang on the money Barney!

2 things you only need ever look for in a good graphics card

1. 256bit memory interface, notice i said BIT & not MB (NEVER buy a 128bit Graphics Card!)
          2. Number of piplenes, more is better.

Again you need to post your system specs for the remotest chance of any help.
          lol..mine is only 64bit mem

Comment

Working...
          X