Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommand me a joystick for BF2 and got a question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommand me a joystick for BF2 and got a question.

Hi, can anyone recommend me a joystick, preferably from Logitech coz it seems to be the only brand easy to get in Singapore where I reside.

And got a question here. Flying a plane or chopper in BF2 involves both arrow keys and "A" and "D" keys for turning and rudder respectively. When using joystick how does that work since there is only 1 stick and there are no foot rudders like those hard core F16 types from TM and CH.

Pls..... Not too expensive. My days of hot shot piloting are left behind together with me teenage years eons ago......... :laugh:

Re: Recommand me a joystick for BF2 and got a question.

I would stay away from Logitech when it comes to joysticks as they tend to have calibration problems because of a design flaw. I would recommend a saitek stick if you can get one in Singapore.

Comment

Logitech Extreme 3D pro, excellent buy for me.

Comment

I use a JS + KB combo. WASD for rudder+throttle and joystick for everything else. I also use X for cockpit view switch and F for rear view.

Now, I use a robust Logitech cheap Attack 3 JS. Word of warning- it WILL lose calibration, and youre going to need extra software to keep it sharp and good. It was perfecly functional for me for about a month, then it started losing calibration.

Most would suggest Logitech Extreme 3D, I think. It has a twist handle for your rudder needs. Plus, ****load of keys if you need them. They both are pretty cheap.

Comment

After many a year playing the il2 series of flightsims, i have yet to find a stick that doesn't crap itself after a year. Dear and cheap ones. I use a cheap logitech wingman now it it does the job for bf2.

A descent enough stick will have a twisting handle rudder, a must for chopper work, and also a throttle, good for hovering.
          I set my throttle on to a hover setting and climb/descend with "a" & "s"

Also lots of buttons to program.

Comment

Sir Eden, which model from Saitek is good? Cyborg Evo? The X series seems too hardcore for me..... And not to mention expensive. But there is a guy from Newegg who claims he bought this for BF2 and it simply won't work.

I'm kinda bending towards Logitech coz it's easily available but they do seem to have some quality issue.............

What about the Logitech Force 3D? It is, I think, the top of the range for them now. Selling for SGD$90 here. Can't find in online US stores though.

Anyone using this? Seems good to me.

Comment

Do not but the Logitech Freedom 2.4, i have it but i am not satisfied with this joystick at all,
              it's cordless .. has problems connecting to the pc when used the 1st time in a session ( i need to climb behind the computer and re-plug the transmitter so it connects again )
              and it EATS batteries, i am stuck with flat batteries all the time.

My friend has the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, from what i've heard it's a very good joystick .. + it's not wireless.
              If there is one general joystick tip i'd say look for one with a cord instead of a wireless one.

Comment

Mines a logitec wingman force 3D. Goes good. There are way better sticks out there. AUS$300+

check EBAY for a cheapie

Comment

I had an old MS sidewinder, it started having minor problems, I've had my new logitech 3d extreme pro for a couple months now and love it, I couldnt ask for anything else.

Comment

Don't worry dude, I'll NEVER get anything that doesn't comes with a wire except for a bluetooth adaptor.....

And charger_76, that Logitech stick cost AUS$300???? OMFG what is it made of????? :laugh:

Comment

not that stick, other top of the range stuff. wingmans are cheap

Comment

charger, AUS$300 is way too much for a stick dude..............

Comment

Pick up a MadCatz Panther XL on Ebay or from the Clan3ad site, then have it modded to USB for good measure. The Panther XL is the only stick ever made for first person shooter games. It has a built in trackball that replaces your mouse look -- no switching back and forth with a keyboard when you go from infantry to a helo, etc.:

http://www.stevehailer.com/wiki/inde...B_Panther_Mods

Comment

logitech 3d pro extreme - i've had 3 defective saiteks and have never looked back.

rudder is achieved through twist-technology. Twist the stick in order to operate rudder.

its a great system.

Comment

I am from Singapore as well and I'm currently usign a Logitech Extreme 3D. Has served me well over the past year and it has rudder twist as well which I program my A and D keys to.

But if you're currently flying well with a mouse, I wouldn't really buy a joystick as you'll forget totally how to fly with kb+mouse after using a joystick for a period of time.

Comment

Working...
                              X