Idiotic new vehicle delivery.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiotic new vehicle delivery.

I was just sitting here thinking about the most idiotic addition they have ever put in any game anywhere. I mean this would even beat the K9 units that shoot bees from their mouths when they bark suggestions for CS.

Do the people who made this idiotic suggestion know ANYTHING about aerial delivery systems for vehicles?

Where is the shock absorbing pads? Where are the tie downs? How come they come in vertically?

Good god I thought they'd been idiotic enough with .50cal rounds that don't kill in one shot and defib pads that bring a dead guy up to 100% health in 1/2 a second, but those were gameplay issues I accepted.

Vehicles raining our of the sky? It's bad enough they re appear when they are destroyed already.

How about instead of something as useless as an air dropped Humvee they simply add in the HUMRAAM as a mobile SAM site? Something useful to change the dynamic of the game, not make the game even more fantasy like.

Personally I think the GL arming distance and the Support weaponry boost were fantastic additions vial the previous patch, but this one is deracting from it.

If they wanted air delivered vehicles, then why didn't they add something like motorbikes? They had those little folding ones they dropped witht he paratroopers back in WWII for crying in a bucket.

KBK

Re: Idiotic new vehicle delivery.

First off, it is only a game.

Second off, the vehicle drops were put in to counter the destruction of squad hopping. Seems that 90% of you all still haven't figured that out.

Comment

I like to drop them on helicopters as they are trying to take off.

Its a VIDEO game; its not realistic. The jets do not fly like a jet, at all, even a little bit. The copters are not even remotely realistic.

So yes, cars can drop out of the sky

Comment

I dunno... I somewhat like the idea. By simply requesting a drop I can get my squad from one flag to another. Mind you it does some bad points as in dropping them on runways and helo pads.

You have to remember this is a game and not meant to be a war simulator.

LOL look at all 3 replies... same time similar answers.

Comment

BF2 != real life

Comment

Originally posted by Boots
            BF2 != real life
            real life = fubar .., so yeh i get your drift :P

Comment

Yeah I get that BF2=|=real life, and this isn't a simulator, but for gods sake it is getting more and more idiotic with each "bright" idea the programmers come up with.

With the exception of the GL's arming and the support weapons boost, and the minimap names, NOTHING they have done has been executed as well as they could have done it.

This trend started with the waste of time expansion they called "SF". The idiotic inclusion of another dedicated gunship shows how little thought they put into this product, especially as the gunship they chose was the troop carrying Mi-24 Hind.

Seriously, they could have added whole new aspects of the game by giving the Hind troop carrying ability. Especially if they included the model with the fixed cheek guns, instead of the bog standard, like every other attack copter with the steerable guns.

Imagine how different it would be if the PIC of the Hind had controll over the machineguns, and had to make straffing runs? instead of hovering and shooting while wheeling? And the gunner had the DF rockets and the TV guided ones? Throw in the ability to carry troops and it would become a seriously different monster to the heli's in the game already.

But no. It is like every other attack copter in the game.

The vehicles might be a way around squad hopping, but was squad hopping EVER as much of a problem as the new anti atry arty, or the ability to block things with trucks?

I'm not saying the game shoud be 100% realistic, I mean it IS a game, but they completely lack any sort of spark they could have put on the game to be totally wicked.

I also fail to see what the problem is as with a whole bunch of flags you capture, you spawn vehicles at ANYWAY.

Wasn't there enogh vehicles around already?

It was annoying enough to have to doge artillery as well as the well placed crates, but not you gotta watch for vehicles dropping on your head as well? And vehicles that don't ADD anything to the game. They are bog standard.

Comment

Well the only thing that kind of makes laugh is when insurgents have the ability to fly in vehicle drops, but all that comes down is a white pickup truck with a gun smashed through its front window.

Comment

Its an arcade game, nothing needs to be close to real, if you are going to bitch so much dont play

Comment

Originally posted by <}US{> Need_2_Kill
                    Its an arcade game, nothing needs to be close to real, if you are going to bitch so much dont play
                    The thing is, this isn't a totally unrealistc game. I mean the weapons are supposedly modeled on real weapons, the teams are supposedly modeled on real world groups and many other things.

While there are a bunch of non real world things, ie respawn, they don't need to push the boundries.

As a playing member of the community I'll bitch as muchas I want to, especially if they include idiotic "improvements" that don't actually improve the gameplay.

There is simply so much MORE they could have done with this game.

While it is a good game, it could have been brilliant.

KBK

Comment

Kayback, what's done is done. They're not gonna remove it now, so just try to deal with it. I personally don't see what the fuss is about anyway, it's practical when you need a vehicle, it's useful when you want to destroy artillery or kill someone.

Comment

i hope they install chopper drops as well. if i need a chopper on kark i will cal for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayback
                          The thing is, this isn't a totally unrealistc game. I mean the weapons are supposedly modeled on real weapons, the teams are supposedly modeled on real world groups and many other things.

While there are a bunch of non real world things, ie respawn, they don't need to push the boundries.
                          So, instead of respawn, when you die, you are done with that round? Sounds boring.

Comment

I agree is a game but come on vehicle drop really does take away from the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayback

As a playing member of the community I'll bitch as muchas I want to, especially if they include idiotic "improvements" that don't actually improve the gameplay.

There is simply so much MORE they could have done with this game.

While it is a good game, it could have been brilliant.

KBK

So so true. See, something like Quake Wars has the ability to expand it's boundaries and add in unrealistic things because the game is already based on sci-fi. But with BF2, they have real vehicles, real weapons, real ranks, and they have modeled the game to be 'realistic' (take that obviously with a grain of salt, as we know that there are unrealistic things they had to do to make it a game). I just think some of this stuff went a bit too far.

Comment

Working...
                              X