No announcement yet.

Installation order for BF2, SF & EF...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation order for BF2, SF & EF...

Hi,

Ok here goes, I finally managed to download SF yesterday after a lot of hassle with that useless downloader.

I install SF and surprisingly I get the lighting error at the start, I fix that by doing what it says in another thread i.e. copying from the *.zip files that are installed, but I now get the message as I start to join a game saying that I have a modded version of the game.

I can't find a installation order that includes EF on here so could anyone please enlighten me as to which order I should install in, including if I should use incrementals or full patches.

Thanks!

Re: Installation order for BF2, SF & EF...

BF2>SF>EF>Full 1.3

At least that would seem to be the correct way, I don't own ef so the only way to find out is to try.

Comment

ive had to repatch a few times after i installed EF as it wouldnt let me play the maps, but its all good now

Comment

Wasn't it that you needed to install 1.12 before Special Forces back in the day or it would cause some problems?

*edit* If you don't wanna go through the pain of reinstalling the EF maps. Just copy the maps and re-insert them into the map directory after reinstall, saves quiet a bit of time.

Install order: BF2>>1.12(have a backup)>>SF>>EF(map files)>>1.3

Comment

According to the downloader you have to install EF after 1.21 before you install 1.22.

Wouldn't that mess up the Full 1.3 install, or does it recognise that you have all the way up to 1.22?

Here's what I'm gonna try, I won't know if it's going to work for a good few hours yet since I'm at work:

BF2, SF2, up to 1.21, EF, 1.3 Full (if that fails, I'll go 1.22, 1.3 incremental).

If anyone else has tried it thos way and it works/fails please let me know, thanks.

Cheers for the suggestions people.

Comment

Yes, EF requires at least 1.21 (others say 1.2, I cant remember exactly but...).

So,

1. Battlefield 2
            2. SF
            3. 1.3 patch full version (if not, then 1.22 full)
            4. Euro Force
            5. 1.3 patch full version

If you just purchased SF, install it, then reinstall the full 1.3 patch and you should be good to go.

Comment

I fixed it!

I just re-applied the full 1.3 patch like you said and it took care of everything! Cheers!

Comment

Working...
              X