Bots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bots

1. Tear Gas and Flashbangs have no effect on Bots.

2. Bots don't destroy your Arty or UAV or Satellite trailers.

3. Bots don't repair their Arty, UAV, or Sat.

4. Bots need better pathing. They always take the most direct route.

5. Bots don't climb ladders.

6. Bots don't lay down Mines or Claymores.

7. Bots don't use Grappling Hooks or Ziplines.

8. Bots can't drive well, especially in tight places.

Re: Bots

.....and your point is?

Comment

I'll tell you what, if you want these features, I'm pretty sure EA & DI-CE will allow you to create those features for them, no questions asked .

Comment

It's not just one point. There are 8 points there.

Comment

You are talking about bots here, that's what bots are... stupid.

1. Tear Gas and Flashbangs have no effect on Bots.
          Bots use... AIMBOT, therefore no amount of smoke or teargas or flasbangs will bother them... they are bots, the computer knows where you are, the bot is run by the computer....
          2. Bots don't destroy your Arty or UAV or Satellite trailers.
          3. Bots don't repair their Arty, UAV, or Sat.
          they don't use it or destroy it either, so whats the point??
          4. Bots need better pathing. They always take the most direct route.
          Apparently Bot navmeshing is difficult to do and extremely time consuming, but I think that for every path they get they have to be told when to take it. If it was an easy thing to do, I am sure they would have done it better.

5. Bots don't climb ladders.
          7. Bots don't use Grappling Hooks or Ziplines.
          Bots can't climb ladders, not a bug... bots are not programmed to do it, and if they can't climb a ladder, grappling hooks and ziplines are way too hard to code.

6. Bots don't lay down Mines or Claymores.
          they don't throw down health or ammo either, and if you throw health all around them it doesn't heal them.... Something about the kits equipment is too hard for them to code. They place C4.

8. Bots can't drive well, especially in tight places.
          Yes they drive like teenage kids Bots are dumb, you can only get so much joy from playing against them.

I just don't understand why this thread is in my Bug reports forum, as it is really just a series of complaints about how dumb bots are. And everyone knows that all bots in all games ever created have been dumb. They can't fly heli's but they can fly fixed wing aircraft, they will spend 5 minutes running against a vehicle if it blocks their path... they are bots.

These are not BUGS

Comment

1. It should be relatively easy to code. Bots run away when they are shot at, so adding a few lines to have them not shoot or run when smoke/FB/TG are in their immediate vicinity would be pretty painless.

2/3. Bots don't use Arty??? Of course they do! I get nailed by them using it all the time.

SpecOps Bots regularly blow up tanks/APC's with C4 all the time. Having them blow up your assets would be no stretch. Heck, it would be even easier.

4. I see Bots taking odd paths all the time, especially on Zatar.

5/6. I have to retract that. I've had Bots climb up ladders and knife me...bastards. If they can shoot a gun, they can fire a grappling hook/zipline. They fire TG already.

7. If they can lay down C4, they can certainly lay down mines, claymores, med paks, and ammo. If they can plant C4 and blow up tanks and APC's, they certainly can plant other things.

8. True

9. They can't fly helo's?? They steal them and shoot me all the time.

If you can think of a better, more appropriate place for this, by all means move it there.

Comment

Working...
            X