Laptop Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop Question

I have a Dell inspiron e1705 with Intel DuoCore processor (1.85 ghz) and a Nvidia 7800 GPU, 2gb ram at 667, with a 100 GB 7200rpm hard drive in production. When i get it, will it be worth it to try and run BF2 on it, not only because its a laptop, but because of the CTD and all the problems associated with the new patch?
    Thanks
    The Smithsonian

Re: Laptop Question

Man, I think it would work. Let us know what it's like.

Comment

I was running BF2 on an Alienware Mj12 7700m with a P4 3GHZ CPU, 2 GB RAM, and an nVidia 6800 Go with 256MB RAM. It ran the game, but it did get HOT.

Comment

You can run the game, not in very high detail most likely, but you can definitely run it and play it.

It will get hot.. I play on a laptop actually.. IBM Thinkpad T43
        Intel Pentium M 1.86 GHZ, 1 gig of ram, ATI Mobility Radeon X300, 60GB Harddrive..

mine doesn't get THAT hot, but hot enough to warrant me wanting to buy a cooling attachment to the bottom of it..

Comment

What kind of cooling attachment do you reccomend? Do they make chemical cooling systems for laptops, or just fan-cooling?

Comment

Originally posted by TheSmithsonian
            What kind of cooling attachment do you reccomend? Do they make chemical cooling systems for laptops, or just fan-cooling?
            All laptop cooling systems bite. I've got a testicle burning Dell XPS Gen 2 and I fried a video GPU. Dell had to replace my fans, my video card AND my motherboard.

BF2 "used to" run on it fine, but that was 1.22 and below. I can't get 1.3 to run well at all (super lag).

Comment

I have almost the same system and play fine on medium settings. I love my e1705 and don't think I'll ever go back to a desktop system.
              As far as cooling, checkout out i9kfangui. It's a little application that you can use to manipulate your fan speeds and keep them both on high (especially the GPU) during gaming).

EDIT: By the way, check out http://www.notebookforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=153 for TONS of info on these machines.

Comment

i have 2 laptops, a gen 2 dell and a inspiron 6000 from dell both run it fine. even post patch. as far as cooling goes they have these things called lap savers or something like it. it basicly sits under your laptop and has powered fans that suck the hot air away from the bottom of the laptop, works great for me, ive even overclocked my xps and it still runs fine

Comment

Working...
                X