Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anywhere else to download the SF installation file...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anywhere else to download the SF installation file...

...since EA downloader is the slowest pile of (insert rudeness here) ever, not to mention it keeps stopping through the download and I have to restart it.

It's starting to really bug me, so if anyone can point me to a link it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Is there anywhere else to download the SF installation file...

Originally posted by bhindi_bhajji
    ...since EA downloader is the slowest pile of (insert rudeness here) ever, not to mention it keeps stopping through the download and I have to restart it.

It's starting to really bug me, so if anyone can point me to a link it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    I dont think there is any legal information i can tell u where to download it from.

Comment

Nope. EA sucks, DICE sucks, whatever. Don't buy their online crap! Fix the game and support SF, and then we'll talk. Until then, i keep my money.

Comment

yes save the money and get a lapdance.

Comment

Originally posted by <}US{>BlackHawkPilot73
          yes save the money and get a lapdance.
          Funny you should say that! I was in Prague a few weeks back, they are more than SF costs though! A lot more fun though...they don't have the no touching rule over there!!

Anyway, it's finally downloaded, 9 hours + several download restarts for 1.2GB, utter cr4p!

Now I just have the problems of getting it to work. I think I'm finally catching on to how utterly 5h1te EA really are...took a while I know.

Comment

This is exactly why I bought it on disc rather than get it through EA downloader.......

Once you get it working, it is good though. Well, if you like infantry combat. If you're a jet whore, prepare to be disappointed... Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gav
              Well, if you like infantry combat. If you're a jet whore, prepare to be disappointed... Lol
              I like all the different combat styles so it's all good.

Comment

Here's the thing...when you have to reinstall BF2 (and you WILL have to, it's the nature of the EA suck-beast), what will you install with then? Wait another 9 friggin hours?!?!?! <pulls hair out just thinking about it!>

Comment

All the patch/expansion install files are cached in the EA downloader directory so luckily I won't have to re-download them...unless of course there is some corruption.

Comment

unfortunately ea downloader requires you to log in to download any of the games, your download has a key identified by your ea downloader identification. If you downloaded the files from any other source you will get the infamouse cd check key error when trying to install it.

FYI for future reference, download it from EA downloader and go to c:\program files\electronic arts\ea downloader\cache

look for something that looks like an install root directory and burn that to a cd... Viola now you have an install disk handy for Special Forces if you ever need to reinstall it. YAY!

Comment

Now THAT is some good, usefull, information for the people! Thanks!

Comment

Shoulda just bought the boxed version, its 10 bucks cheaper than the download for whatever reason.

Comment

[HT]137[CSi] I have all 3 addons burned to a CD. I get the cd check key error with SF though. Any ideas? I just did a OS reinstall, wonder if that could be part of the problem. Anyone know what adding SF will do after patch 1.3 is applied?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
                            Here's the thing...when you have to reinstall BF2 (and you WILL have to, it's the nature of the EA suck-beast), what will you install with then? Wait another 9 friggin hours?!?!?! <pulls hair out just thinking about it!>
                            Had BF2 since it came out and have never had to reinstall or delete BF2 for any reason. So far, all problems can be fixed without the MS tech fix "reinstall" crap.

BTW, the EAD downloads have been really quick for several of my friends and I. So no problem there either.

Now I do have the basic 1.3 patch bugs, some CTD's, red/blue bug, etc. But nothing that requires a reinstall, other than the patch itself.

Comment

Well I guess I'll have to downlaod all of them again. I thought EF & AF were OK, but they tell me I can't play those maps cus I didn't buy them..LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X