Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finished a Soldier and Textured - How to place ingame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished a Soldier and Textured - How to place ingame?

I've made a Soldier Model for BF2 and wanted to try it out, unfortunately I have no idea how...

How do I deal with the Unwrap I've made? Is it always compatible with the Unwrap of the game?
    What tools should I download to implement just the different soldier?

I've searched around and all I find is tutorials and editors, or to model objects or to make new terrain and structures but what I want is to change the game models with a new one

Some guidance would be very appreciated.

By the way, here is the model

Re: Finished a Soldier and Textured - How to place ingame?

Thats a sweet ass model. If you would like some help on getting it ingame you can contact by MSN messenger @ adamg2823@hotmail.com.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm looking at the tutorials and they speak about a bf2 file exporter for Max and a animation viewer, were can I get those? Any other programs I should get?

Comment

some of it if not all you'll get here:

cheers,

K.

Comment

Thanks! Gonna start on it right now!

By the way, there is a BF2 editor on the EA BF2 website and that one in the DoomLab, any difference? The Doomlab one seems more recent...

Comment

go with the doomlab one, filename: bf2_editorsetup_jan04.exe
            works for me,

Cheers,

K.

Comment

Awesome soldier there, i was wondering if you were able to get it to work in game yet? If so i was wondering how you were able to do it and if you were planning on sharing your soldier with anyone? I am very interested in playing with that awesome soldier there in game, in personal lan-parties (not shared with the masses) and would love it if you'd allow the use of it. My email is Valor958@yahoo.com , feel free to email me if you please.

Comment

THanks for the comment valor

This model was made for my clan, for several years that I wanted to make it and now I had the time to do so. I'm still polishing some stuff and as soon as I have it in BF2 I will post some screens. Some other member of the clan are making some weapon variations to go along with the skin.

About sharing I'm sorry but at the moment I cannot do that, maybe in the future when we make a new skin/model we can let people use this one, but until then we cannot...

Comment

I understand entirely, thanks for the reply though. As soon as you get the details worked out and get it all flowing in game be sure to post some pics in here so we can all get a peek at how that looks in-game. That would be awesome if your clan could get some custom weapons for it too. Hope things go smoothly for you!

Comment

Its been quite a while now and i saved this thread so i could get back to you. I was wondering how progress was going on making this skin public? I dont have enough HD space to get all the programs to make my own skins and i love to tinker with the game mechanics when i can. I know how to edit the basic .tga files to to surface level skin editing, but other than that i dont do meshes or anything. If you have anything else you may consider letting me take a look at plz let me know and it would be greatly appreciated.

Valor
                    Colonel in BF2 divy of ATF
                    *S*

email: Valor958@yahoo.com

Comment

VERY NICE wow you should work for a mod

Comment

When you get those babies in game post some in game screenshots

Comment

Yeah, that would be awesome

Comment

Working...
                          X