Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Account server? Look!

Hey all. Just recently since the 1.3 patch my brother and
    I (and some other friends) have both been experiencing problems connecting to "the account server". It rarely would connect on either machine, and when it would it would take like 30 minutes to an hour. To fix it all we did was delete our accounts and then retrieve them all through the bf2 login interface. Somehow that fixed everything. We can both connect in less than 5 seconds now with NO problems! All stats and everything are fine too. Hope this helps somebody!

Re: Problems with Account server? Look!

My brother and I are having the same problem, but we tried that trick; delete profiles from My Documents/Battlefield 2/Profiles, and retrieve account from login menu, but still no luck. My brother was able to get in once on his account but his rank was gone. wtf?

Comment

What i heard it comes from many dead servers in your Favorite list. Try to remove/rename the Battlefield 2 folder in "My Documents" and let BF2 create a new one. Your Options will be gone too but u might try it anyway....

Good luck

Comment

yeah, when the favorites list gets big its starts to slow down, if you keep less than 10 servers on the favorites list it should keep the file size down. Remember to delete your history of servers as they are sorta added to favorites.

Comment

Didnt work. I can log into an older account that i used for CAL, and when i go to "compare" in BFHQ, and select my problem account, it locks up the game when trying to load it. I've got a ticket open with EA tech support, and they are completely useless on this situation. =/ stupid freaking ea

Comment

your BF2 account is tied to GameSpy Arcade account, you can just launch a game using GameSpy Arcade and quit loading. It'll bring you back to the normal online menu in the game.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I just downloaded Gamespy arcade 2.0.3 and tried joining a server through that game browser, but once the game launches you still have to go through the ingame account management, same problems as before. Locks up when trying to retrieve my account.

Comment

Originally posted by volto
                Thanks for the suggestion. I just downloaded Gamespy arcade 2.0.3 and tried joining a server through that game browser, but once the game launches you still have to go through the ingame account management, same problems as before. Locks up when trying to retrieve my account.
                Mine goes directly to the map loading screen.

Make sure you are following these steps:

1. Log into GameSpy Aracde using your battlefield account.
                2. Click on the BattleField2 icon from the game list.
                3. Click on Multiplayer.
                4. Choose and join any server.
                5. The game will launch and should directly bring you to the map loading screen.
                6. Play in that server or disconnect from the server and using the normal in game server browser like usual.

PS: Try this:
                1. In GameSpy Arcade, right click on the BattleField 2 game icon and select "Options..."
                2. Click on "Advanced" on the left and type in +restart
                3. This only get rid of the ea logo and movies at start but it may help.

I also close the GameSpy Arcade right when BF2 is launching(to save ram), it might help...

Comment

I got this problems too. I might have to try this. Thanks.

Ok, well, i just read alot of topics on this forum and it seems that Gamespy is a piece of s***. What are my other solutions if i have to wait 20-30 minutes to log into my account?

Comment

I am having an account game crash problem also

How do I delete my account from my computer?

How do I retrieve it again?

Comment

Originally posted by penetrator27
                      I am having an account game crash problem also

How do I delete my account from my computer?

How do I retrieve it again?
                      Delete the battlefield 2 folder in "my documents"

to retrieve the account, just click manage account, and retrieve account

Comment

Working...
                      X