Awaiting response from EA on BF/SF/Patch installation issues and 1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awaiting response from EA on BF/SF/Patch installation issues and 1.3

Ive just spent 4 and a half hours trying to install SF on a Bf2 Vanilla installation and with patch 1.3( ive owned SF for ages but decided not to reinstall after XP Pro installation due to modified content errors )
    When i did get it up and running( i posted my full experience on installing SF on the EA UK BF2 forum for anyone interested ), i had 1 game, started second on Ghost town, Client disconnect, rejoined server -> crash to desktop
    Anyway, im on the verge of having enough, and please no flaming posts about good riddance etc. as i genuinely love this game but this is getting too much, Anyway i sent an email to EA bacause im fuming, forum admins please remove this post if you dont want me associating totalbf2 in my complaint, my email to EA is as follows:
    "Hi,
    i am writing this because i am at my 11th installation of BF2 due to both the BF2 installer and the SF installer. I do not think this is acceptable from a customer point of view( including the crash to desktops and disconnects introduced in the 1.3 patch ). I am a software developer so i am aware of how an installer should function as we have our own installer for our product.

In light of continued interest in EA products, i would like a statement from EA on how patches/installations will be handled for BF2142 and future BF games bearing in mind the following problems with BF2 installer and SF installer
    1) If either installation fails the error message is "Installation failed, please try again" - no CRC errors, no cant read file, nothing
    2) Why does the installer insist on installing directX 9C when i already have it installed and the version i had was newer than the one obviously on the disc as Microsoft released an update recently
    3) Why is the BF2 1.1 patch mandatory with the SF requiring a reapplication of a newer patch every time SF is reinstalled

I percieve this as poor quality including the latest 1.3 patch and would like EA's statment on how this will be handled in the future.

Your reply will be submitted on the EA UK battlefield 2 forums and Totalbattlefield 2 site.

Regards,
    Mark"

The reply will be interesting

Re: Awaiting response from EA on BF/SF/Patch installation issues and 1.3

If they reply lol

Comment

lol true, but i have about 5 PS2 EA games and this, so by my reckoning they'll be losing about 250Euro a year from me so if they dont reply,what odds i wont be supporting them much as i love the battlefield series

Comment

Hate to tell ya man, but 250 euros doesnt mean jack squat to as big a company as EA. :hmm:

Comment

Originally posted by datakillx99
          Hate to tell ya man, but 250 euros doesnt mean jack squat to as big a company as EA. :hmm:
          agreed dude, but the audience here is quite high, so if there is community agreement then theres more weight to the communities statement, and that this isint acceptable, and in fairness something should be done

Comment

any news on a fix? after installing 1.3 patch I get disconnected (about mid-late game....grrrr!) almost every game. Sometimes it works......ack!

about to give up...suggestions ?

AMD 3500+ 2.2
            1gb Cosair high end 3200
            Leadtek 6800 GT
            etc. etc...typical the rest...

help?

Comment

I forgot about the 1.1 patch requirement... I recently reinstalled BF2 and 1.3 patch... I have yet to bother to install SF... I might have to try.

I am guessing this is how the installation should work (not saying it makes sense...)

Install BF2
              Install 1.3 full 400+MB patch
              Install SF
              Install 1.3 full 400+MB patch

The 1.3 incremental patch seems to have caused CTDs more often on my machine, when I installed the full patch I only have this issue once every 2 weeks (4-5 pay session per weeK)

Comment

Just install it this way

BF2
                SF
                Full 1.3 Patch.

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
                  Just install it this way

BF2
                  SF
                  Full 1.3 Patch.
                  Doesn't SF complain if you don't have patch 1.1 installed? If not then yes much faster install...

Comment

Most of us will have the original version of BF2, so any addon + FULL patch is the best we can do.

Comment

SF includes 1.1 when you install it. That's why people who have installed SF after 1.3 or any patch after 1.1 then wonder why they can't get online because when they install SF it reverts it back to 1.1 and they have to re-patch again with 1.3

Comment

"Awaiting response from EA on BF/SF/Patch installation issues and 1.3"

Ditto

Comment

Working...
                        X