Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the knives broken...

or am I just having a bad two days?

Yesterday I played and twice, I stabbed a guy, I see a puff of smoke, but he keeps on walking like nothing happened. I checked my ping but it is always below 100 and stable. This happened on two different servers.

I had heard of these things happening and but had never seen it myself so I just chalked it up to statistics and my turn to be unlucky. (I have seen it with guns before, for instance yesterday I shot a guy in the head with the M24 from <10 meters, saw the puff of smoke and he just turned around and shot me, but never with a knife)

Now I played a few games today (don't tell the boss) on a completely different computer with twin T1 connections to the internet. Again ping was low and stable and again I twice stabbed players only to have them sit there like nothing touched them.

Am I really getting this unlucky or has this problem been getting worse lately?

Re: Are the knives broken...

Unusually, I have more luck when I don't hear or see contact. It's really weird and mostly just plain stupid. It bugs the crap out of me. So no, you're not unlucky, it happens to everyone, and I wouldn't at all be suprized to know that it got worse with this patch.

Comment

Happens to me all the time, i can't count how many times i've knifed someone and they turn around and blow me away. Same thing with the guns too...puffs of smoke from the head with an AK47 but they keep going.

Now i just use the Defibs when i'm a medic....i've had 5-6 shockpaddle kills in the last 2 days.

Comment

Non registered hits.

They are more common that you'd think if you are using small arms most of the time. Knives just happen to be the most obvious since you know damned well when you hit and that when you hit, he should die.

AT missile pass through is the same issue, BTW.

This is most commonly caused by either minor connection disruptions (packet loss or micro-lagspikes), or the server being overloaded by too many instructions at the same time.

I personally haven't noticed an increase in non-regs since 1.3. I did when 1.2 came out and I kinda suspect that it has to do with the clock being upped for AA missiles. It got a bit better with 1.22.

Comment

If you ask me the knife seems to only work when it wants to.

Comment

The last time it happened was actually kind on funny. The guy didn't see me run up and then dive at his feet. (yes, I now dive before I stab because I don't count on the first one working) I stab and nothing happens but I think he heard me because he starts swinging around looking everywhere but down. I stab him again and this time he dies. He asks "How the f*** did you get there?". I tell him "Its maaaaagic. ;p"

Comment

The knife has been nerfed down to a spork.

Comment

Woopie, yet another bug that should have been fixed instead of making a new game or non-critical modifications like vehicle drops. Does EA not see that doing stupid crap like this instead of making the core game work is kind of a slap in the face?

Comment

I think I am fairly good with the knife, and I too find that I am not getting the kills real quick like I used too. I think it not that they did anything with the knife, but the netcode has changed somwhere.

Comment

Hey look! I found the secret new unlock in 1.3...

Comment

Lmao!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                        Non registered hits.

They are more common that you'd think if you are using small arms most of the time. Knives just happen to be the most obvious since you know damned well when you hit and that when you hit, he should die.

AT missile pass through is the same issue, BTW.

This is most commonly caused by either minor connection disruptions (packet loss or micro-lagspikes), or the server being overloaded by too many instructions at the same time.

I personally haven't noticed an increase in non-regs since 1.3. I did when 1.2 came out and I kinda suspect that it has to do with the clock being upped for AA missiles. It got a bit better with 1.22.
                        I don't think lag/server connection issues can account for stabbing the same dude 6x and having them all not register. I think it's along the same lines as the GL nerf...

This is why I like the Defib better... It never misses, but there are 2 downsides: You need to be a bit closer (it doesn't have the same reach for kill as it does for revive) and also you need to recharge, which a knife doesn't need to do.

TIP: If you're going for a knife kill as a medic, and you get a puff of smoke, IMMIDEATLY switch to defib and get a defib kill

Comment

HAHAHAH, Nice phrag....

I did notice that the knives had been "Nerfed." Good for me, the sniper, bad for the n00bs that like to try and knife me.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrag
                            or am I just having a bad two days?

Yesterday I played and twice, I stabbed a guy, I see a puff of smoke, but he keeps on walking like nothing happened. I checked my ping but it is always below 100 and stable. This happened on two different servers.

I had heard of these things happening and but had never seen it myself so I just chalked it up to statistics and my turn to be unlucky. (I have seen it with guns before, for instance yesterday I shot a guy in the head with the M24 from <10 meters, saw the puff of smoke and he just turned around and shot me, but never with a knife)

Now I played a few games today (don't tell the boss) on a completely different computer with twin T1 connections to the internet. Again ping was low and stable and again I twice stabbed players only to have them sit there like nothing touched them.

Am I really getting this unlucky or has this problem been getting worse lately?
                            ive been getting the same problem lately and it ****es me the hell off.
                            ive had a group of em in front of me and i could easily get them all but that ONE guy who doesnt die when i knife is what kills me, i either run like hell or i just keep jumping and go for the next guy. got a few that way because they wouldnt shoot for fear of tking.

Comment

Originally posted by <GN>John
                              HAHAHAH, Nice phrag....

I did notice that the knives had been "Nerfed." Good for me, the sniper, bad for the n00bs that like to try and knife me.
                              ok then. I'll just sneak up behind you and pull the pin out of one of your grenades instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X