Error: !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error: !!!

Ok so like when i run BF2 Its all fine until i join a game, halfway into it like 15 mins in a error will come out saying, "!!!QueryDosDevice failed.Insufficent system resources exist to ceplete requested service". but what i dont under stand is that i aready have like 3.4 intel DDR2-X800 XL-1gb ram. Any help?

Re: Error: !!!

how many resources u using press ctrl-alt del, goto processes & count how many programs u have running & post them here.

Comment

im running about 47

Comment

47??? holy sh*t.
        Get a Anti-Spyware and a Virus scanner.
        BitDefender 8.0 is a freeware Virus scanner.
        Spybot Search & Destroy is a freeware spyware scanner

Good luck....

Comment

Yeah, you really need to shut down some of those services to free up resources.

Comment

hey ya thx really helped

Comment

Cant tell if that was sarcasm or truth. If you're still having problems, post back. If you're not still having problems, post back.

Comment

Muky: U might get a personal Firewall too. I use Outpost Firewall. Easy to use and there is a Freeware version out there.

More important: Update your Windows with the latest Service packs and Security fixes. Looks like your Rig is infected with all sorts of unwanted stuff. A Virus scan might help but only for a short time if u go online with a not patched Windows.

Comment

I dont know why people are assuming he has spyware. Its not hard to have 47 processes running if your not careful. I had a friend that was using 5 different chat services, 4 or 5 different media players and so on. They were all set to start upon boot and he had no experience with that sort of thing. Not all user created problems should be automatically associated with spyware/malware/viruses.

Muky, if you were to post a list of your services it would be much easier to tell you what you need and dont.

Comment

well i have 70 processes

Comment

70 sounds like 40 to many. Do you suffer performance problems?

Comment

I'm running 69 - Perfect performance. It's not how many processes you have, it's what they are.

Comment

Dang, thats a lot. I have 32 and 10 of those are for McAfee. Do you guys notice a long time getting going upon reboot with so many?

Comment

29 Processes including Firefox, Firewall, Daemon tools, Fraps and other stuff. I deactivated unwanted services and eyecandy.

I cant belive u do not notice any perfomance impact with 69 Processes which needs RAM and CPU time......

Comment

Originally posted by Silent_Bob_
                              29 Processes including Firefox, Firewall, Daemon tools, Fraps and other stuff. I deactivated unwanted services and eyecandy.

I cant belive u do not notice any perfomance impact with 69 Processes which needs RAM and CPU time......
                              You do know that you can end Daemon services and the image will still be loaded, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X