A Secret...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Secret...

I'm coming back from a deployment overseas... I was fortunate enough to be able to have a bit of internet access while deployed, so I've been able to check on the progress of one of my favorite games. This isn't meant to incite any flame wars, though I'm sure it will, I simply desire to make a statement, as I am sure there are other players out there that feel the same but don't bother to come to the forums.

1. I PLAY TO HAVE FUN AND RELAX.
    2. I love the Assault Class.
    3. As with the above, I love my M203
    4. I will put a 40mm nade on you at a distance or if you pop out in front of me at 3 feet. I don't care. I shoot, you die, I am happy.
    5. I use vehicles as taxi's. Though, I am ALWAYS considerate enough to cruise slowly while saying "Get in!" if there are team mates around.
    6. I love to drive APC's. They have decent speed and a nice little cannon.
    7. I use above said APC to take flags. If you spawn at said flag, I shoot you. I will NOT sit still right next to the flag while you spawn somewhere behind me. I WILL move a bit to see if you respawn at all. I will then kill you again. Spawn as AT if you want me dead. Don't come to forums and whine when you spawn 3 times as Spec Ops and I blow you up cuz you couldn't get close enough to plant C4.
    8. I love to snipe. It's relaxing to just kick back with one hand on the mouse, a glass of whiskey in the other hand and pop heads for a round or two.
    9. I will bunny hop on occasion when completely caught off guard. Honestly, how many people have you scared? How many times have they practically jumped out of their shoes? Same idea... Except I plan to hop to cover THEN shoot your dirty butt...
    10. I completely utilize the tools around me. TOW? Oh yeah.. I'll put a rocket into an infantry. Vodnik? Portable .50cal turret to me. LAV-25? Taxi/Infantry Hamburger Maker til it starts to burn...
    11. I don't drive tanks as an Engineer. Get over it. I use it til it burns or I die.
    12. I DON'T camp uncappable flags, though I WILL show up to be mischevious... Steal a vehicle... blow up some gear... Hell, I think it's fun to drive a buggy through and try to run the Commander over. But then I'm gone, back to where ever the fight is.
    13. I always forgive a TK, unless I know for certain it was purposefully done. I ALWAYS apologize for a TK, even if I announce that I am dropping arty or spraying an area with lead.

I'm sure there are more, but these are things I plan to do when I get home. I've never heard anyone in game whine about me doing them... so it makes me wonder why folks come here to do it?

Re: A Secret...

Originally posted by =ASE=DEV1OUS
    I'm coming back from a deployment overseas... I was fortunate enough to be able to have a bit of internet access while deployed, so I've been able to check on the progress of one of my favorite games. This isn't meant to incite any flame wars, though I'm sure it will, I simply desire to make a statement, as I am sure there are other players out there that feel the same but don't bother to come to the forums.

4. I will put a 40mm nade on you at a distance or if you pop out in front of me at 3 feet. I don't care. I shoot, you die, I am happy.
    5. I use vehicles as taxi's. Though, I am ALWAYS considerate enough to cruise slowly while saying "Get in!" if there are team mates around.
    7. I use above said APC to take flags. If you spawn at said flag, I shoot you. I will NOT sit still right next to the flag while you spawn somewhere behind me. I WILL move a bit to see if you respawn at all. I will then kill you again. Spawn as AT if you want me dead. Don't come to forums and whine when you spawn 3 times as Spec Ops and I blow you up cuz you couldn't get close enough to plant C4.
    8. I love to snipe. It's relaxing to just kick back with one hand on the mouse, a glass of whiskey in the other hand and pop heads for a round or two.
    9. I will bunny hop on occasion when completely caught off guard. Honestly, how many people have you scared? How many times have they practically jumped out of their shoes? Same idea... Except I plan to hop to cover THEN shoot your dirty butt...
    10. I completely utilize the tools around me. TOW? Oh yeah.. I'll put a rocket into an infantry. Vodnik? Portable .50cal turret to me. LAV-25? Taxi/Infantry Hamburger Maker til it starts to burn...
    11. I don't drive tanks as an Engineer. Get over it. I use it til it burns or I die.
    12. I DON'T camp uncappable flags, though I WILL show up to be mischevious... Steal a vehicle... blow up some gear... Hell, I think it's fun to drive a buggy through and try to run the Commander over. But then I'm gone, back to where ever the fight is.
    13. I always forgive a TK, unless I know for certain it was purposefully done. I ALWAYS apologize for a TK, even if I announce that I am dropping arty or spraying an area with lead.

I'm sure there are more, but these are things I plan to do when I get home. I've never heard anyone in game whine about me doing them... so it makes me wonder why folks come here to do it?
    1=agreed
    2=maybe
    3=i used the sa80 an i loved that,but this a gamin forum not reality
    4=you gotta get the shot off first,dont think your above every one else,noobtubers have been a very big part of teh game when released so alot of people adapted an over come them.(first rule of a fire fight adapt an over come)
    5=why waste time waiting?if they want a lift they will ask,you are takeng your team m8's up with hanging about(put your foot down an get out of there an aid the others)
    6=agreed
    7=you said you use vechiles as tansport only?the rest i agree
    8=wtf lol
    9=if im in a head on fire fight i will bunny hop until ive reloaded then back to battle
    10=wtf dream boy
    11=thats up to you,you game :S
    12=easy as that hey?
    13=yeah right,no body through the bf2 series as forgiven every player theyve been tk'd by.
    ============in all dude sounds more like you think very very very highly of your bf2 skills the game has changed alot since you last played,its almost a different game to what it once was================================
    my server is in the sig come try out if your as good as your say you are.
    see ya on the field of war buddy
    please note this is not a flame.
    just on the look out for new clan members an good players to play against.

Comment

I think you may have misunderstood him, crow. I don't think he was bragging about how 1337 he is or anything, just saying he will use whatever he can to kill people, and for people to stop crying about s**t. And I can honestly say that I only punish tks that are either intentional or due to gross negligence. A grenade into a group of enemy that I walked into, forgiven. Getting sniped while waiting for a jet so the tard can have "his" plane back, punish all day long.

Comment

I don't really whine about snipers, I just think they are stupid. I forgot how many times I pwn a sniper simply by bunnyhoping with in range and autospray him. It's a ridiculously useless class.

Comment

Originally posted by =ASE=DEV1OUS

1=agreed
          2=are you a long lost relative? I <3 assault
          3=of course, its all assault has now
          4=203, gp30, or my current love F2000GL
          5=ditto - will back up to pick up those "hey I need a ride" guys too
          6=apcs = infantry's worst nightmare, will drive them when needed.
          7=lol nice, been there done that, on both ends
          8=not much for sniping, if i wanna take it easy ill usually c4 my main and command
          9=oh yeah, living > dying. Jump, prone, flashbangs, w/e it takes to live.
          10=agreed again, see #9
          11=I actually will drive as engy, but AT is nice too, can get that AT shot in to finish them.
          12=same here, would rather kill than camp a flag.
          13=once again, agreed. Can count punishes on 1 hand over the last yr.

Great post man, we need to pwn as assault sometime

Comment

Here's my secrets:
            1) I like playing as a medic and/or engineer so I can rack up the points and help the team doing it
            2) I always play for fun, but I also only play to win. When I lose, I don't like it at all
            3) I like driving as a eng. or medic class, again to rack up points because I feel that's what EA/DICE intended on having them do
            4) I will drive a tank rather than an APC anytime, I have more fun blasting at an infantry with a shell to the chest than a APC can offer
            5) I also like to snipe while having a drink, only I only drink beer (once in a while.) This also gores for "smoking" while I play, I tend to go prone and shoot when needed.
            6) I almost ALWAYS try and play on servers which play air maps, as I only really like BF2 because of the diversity in choosing the aircrafts to fight
            7) I almost ALWAYS try and take the attack helos or jets to do the most damage, as I normally end up staying int he skies longer than most and this in turn helps my team, if competent, to do their job at capturing and holding bases.
            8) I always call out an enemy before I shoot it, because if I don't kill him, I'm at least content with the fact that my team will also know there is an enemy in the vacinity.
            9) I always forgive TKs, unless, as you said, it was done on purpose. If a bomber takes me out though, if I'm by a base by myself, then I punish because he could have gone after much bigger threats, being a bomber and all.
            10) when in the attack helo, I always look out for the helicopters and THEN I go for the ground pounders like tanks and jeeps.
            11) I will have no regrets making bombing runs on uncapped bases and will actually enjoy continuing to do so simply because I can. If I get bored, I let the jets fly about 200meters before I strafe them and take them out before they can offer any damage to my team. As someone once told me online (although it ****ed me off) "...You say base rape, I consider it eliminating the threat"
            12) I will stick it to the admins if I feel they have done something stupid, to the point where I get kicked (gives me a reason to get away from the computer)
            13) I will purposely kill myself and a gunner in my attack helo if he's done nothing but sit at the pad waiting for the helicopter, not doing anything to help the team. I don't care if he "only wants to fly" or some other lame excuse, I will do it until I feel he's either ****ed off, or leaves my team/server.

All in all, I like making people mad online when they act like idiots but it's not to say that I don't play to win. If someone on my own team is infringing on that win by not soing anything useful, I will make it alot more difficult for him to have fun. I may not always succeed in doing so, but you can't blame a guy for trying!

PEACE

Comment

I am just a slow minded gamer who has overcome some handicaps in life.

1- Whoever shoots at me has gotten my attention. That attention stays until said shooter is either killed or someone else gets him or her.

2- If someone sees you and reports your position to me and I have the right character (Class or equiptment) to do something about it, I will try to get to the problem and solve it. You may not know it but youre a walking dead at that time living on borrowed time.

3- A workday is not finished until the fat lady sings. You may rape the default and blow up stuff etc. That does not win games, because Heavy's secuirty company will work as long as needed to clean the roachs out.

3A- Deaths only give me a few seconds to think about how I died and how to solve that problem. So if you managed to steal a LAV or tank, dont expect me to spawn as a sniper.

4- Be glad the game is a pillowfight balanced california safe game. There are no lead pipes, 2x4's explosive or caustic chemicals or other potential human damaging products included in a typical city with homes, industry and various items useful in war.

Comment

True, I was not trying to say how I think my skills are. I have my good games and my bad. I'm no better than any other BF2 gamer. I'm simply stating the things that I do when I play. Whether it actually always happens like that is another story... but it sure as heck doesn't stop me from trying. I'm pleased that those who posted saw my point, and that's really all I could ask for.

Thx!

Comment

Originally posted by jimtool655321
                  I think you may have misunderstood him, crow. I don't think he was bragging about how 1337 he is or anything, just saying he will use whatever he can to kill people, and for people to stop crying about s**t. And I can honestly say that I only punish tks that are either intentional or due to gross negligence. A grenade into a group of enemy that I walked into, forgiven. Getting sniped while waiting for a jet so the tard can have "his" plane back, punish all day long.
                  no i knew what he was saying thats why i put at the bottom this is not a flame,
                  plus i invited him to are server as he seems a good team player.
                  maybe i should of explained my post abit.
                  sorry for any missunder standings :cry: sorry =ASE=DEV1OUS no flamming or moaning intended

Comment

No prob, m8. I got the gist of your reply. Once I patch up BF2, I planned on heading over to your server to embarrass myself.

Comment

Working...
                    X