Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Points , please exaplain ?

What constitutes team points ?

Yes flag captures and defends i know but what else ?

Do heels and ammo giving points constitute team points as well ?

Re: Team Points , please exaplain ?

Heal, revive, resupply, repair, any assists (kill, capture etc)

Comment

How many points do you get for each ?

Comment

Revive, neutralising flag and capping flag (not assists) = 2
        Everything else = 1

If you need alot of team points, play medic on Karkand and just heal&revive like mad.

Comment

Any points that aren't commander points or combat points are team points.

Commander points are points scored by your team during your time in command, divided by the number of players on your team (so, the average score of your team). Command points get doubled at the end of the round if you win.

Combat points are solely for kills, nothing else (not even kill assists, which I would've thought should be "combat", but isn't in BF2). Each kill you get is two combat points.

Team points are everything else. Flag neutralises and captures are worth two points each, flag neutralise/capture assists are worth one point each. Flag defend is one team point plus the two combat points for the kill. Heal, repair, resupply is one point each. Revive is two points. Driver points are one point each. Kill assists are one point each. Team damage and team vehicle damage is -2 points. Team kill is -4. Note that a team kill will usually have some team damage as well though (ie you'll lose points for wounding a team-mate, and then more when you actually kill him), so it's not uncommon to see -6 or -8 after a TK.

Comment

OR be a support guy and just throw ammo bags all over the place.

Especially at the very start on either side when the combat is close up and everyone needs ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by Gav
              Any points that aren't commander points or combat points are team points.

Commander points are points scored by your team during your time in command, divided by the number of players on your team (so, the average score of your team). Command points get doubled at the end of the round if you win.

Combat points are solely for kills, nothing else (not even kill assists, which I would've thought should be "combat", but isn't in BF2). Each kill you get is two combat points.

Team points are everything else. Flag neutralises and captures are worth two points each, flag neutralise/capture assists are worth one point each. Flag defend is one team point plus the two combat points for the kill. Heal, repair, resupply is one point each. Revive is two points. Driver points are one point each. Kill assists are one point each. Team damage and team vehicle damage is -2 points. Team kill is -4. Note that a team kill will usually have some team damage as well though (ie you'll lose points for wounding a team-mate, and then more when you actually kill him), so it's not uncommon to see -6 or -8 after a TK.
              Ahh now I see. I always wondered how I managed to acquire teampoints when I was lone wolfing as a sniper.

Originally posted by Leeham
              OR be a support guy and just throw ammo bags all over the place.

Especially at the very start on either side when the combat is close up and everyone needs ammo.
              Yea, just toss out ammo bags like crazy in the first 5 mins of karkand. What a hilariously easy way to rack up points as your teammates scrounge around for more nades to toss

Comment

Flag Caps (First in circle), Revives: +2

Flag Defends, Assists, kill dmg assists, ammo pts, repair pts: +1

Originally posted by bitvomit
                "Blah"...
                Nice Signature.

Comment

Flag work:

Neutralise +2
                  Capture +2
                  Neutralise assist +1
                  Capture assist +1
                  Flag defend +1

Teamwork Supporting roles:

Revive +2
                  Heal +1
                  Ammo resupply +1
                  Repair +1

Combat supporting roles:

Kill damage assist +1
                  Driver assist +1
                  Driver special ability +1
                  Destroying commander toys +1
                  Targetting assist +1 (redundant)

Penalties:

Team damage -2
                  Team veicle damage -1
                  Teamkill -4

Comment

Thanks for posting these. I've always wondered how the score was tallied up.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate
                      Targetting assist +1 (redundant)
                      Can you please explain this one.

Does it mean if I am the pilot of an attack chopper, and my gunner kills soldiers on the ground, that everytime I'll get awarded for such?

If I am piloting a helicopter and I kill someone, does the gunner also get an assist?
                      Same point system goes for tanks, apc's, and vehicles correct?

Comment

You do, but that's a driver assist, not a targetting assist. Everytime your gunner in an attack chopper kills someone, you, as the pilot, get a driver kill assist. Same for every other vehicle that you are driving/flying - if one of your passengers gets a kill, you get an assist.

And yes, your gunner also gets assist points if you kill someone when you're driving/flying a vehicle too.

The targetting assist isn't used - hence "(redundant)"...

Comment

Originally posted by Gav
                          You do, but that's a driver assist, not a targetting assist. ...
                          Correct - Flag Capture however is a Chopper pilot only benefit, or am I wrong here? I can't remember getting Flag Capture Assist points when flying as gunner...

Comment

You revived a six-week-old thread just to tell me I was right...?

You can't get capture assist points inside a vehicle any more. It used to be that the driver got the outright cap and everyone else in the vehicle got assists, but then they nerfed it with one of the patches to stop Blackhawk flag-hopping and hover-capping. I think that was the... 1.12 patch? Or was it 1.2...? Somewhere there anyway.

It now only counts the first guy in a vehicle (ie the driver) for flag caps. If you want to get a cap assist, you have to get out (eg if you roll up with a full jeep, only the driver will be deemed to be present for the cap if everyone stays in the vehicle, but they're all counted if they all jump out). You can still get a cap assist in a vehicle as the driver if there is already someone else capping the flag and you drive up to help though.

Comment

Working...
                            X