'Problems with your connection'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Problems with your connection'

Every time i play bf 2 i get a 'There is a problem with your conection' message. Ive turned off all file share programmes and turned off firewall but it still appears about every 2 minutes??? Any ideas as to whats going on??

Re: 'Problems with your connection'

How are you playing? on a wired or wireless connection

Comment

wireless

Comment

enable WEP 128bit encryption on router and for your wireless card, and a pass key of watever you please, it should sort the problem out

Comment

when i swap from 64 to 128 bit it fails whilst trying to connect to the network at 'acquiring network address'...man i need to learn how computers work!

Comment

Wireless allways couse connectionproblems (aallmost..)
            Switch to cable...

Comment

Originally posted by Krypp596
              Wireless allways couse connectionproblems (aallmost..)
              Switch to cable...
              hush minkey...

Originally posted by Chugnut
              when i swap from 64 to 128 bit it fails whilst trying to connect to the network at 'acquiring network address'...man i need to learn how computers work!
              are you using the software provided with the Wireless card or using Windows Wireless setup (which i find better manufacturers software can be a bit confusing at points)

Originally posted by machstem
              I am fairly knowledgeable with wireless, having installed and configured home and commercial (Aruba) connections.

Your problem is probably within the security measures. What kind of security protocol is your friend running? WEP-64, WEP-128, WPA, WPA-radius? Does he have MAC address restrictions? Is "broadcast" set to ON/OFF?

I wanted my GF to play Call of Duty on our LAN here, and she kept getting dropped off out local LAN, as you've mentioned, but never have an issue with programs that don't need constant "ping" connections. I wanted to keep the security tight yet still allow for optimal use of the wireless router, here is how I set it:

- Broadcast was set to OFF, I set it to ON
              - Wireless Encryption is at 128bit (simplest)
              - MAC address restrictions for all the computers being used

It may seem like "too easy of an answer" but I can tell you that it has helped me several times in the past to look and change the security settings.

PEACE
              I followed what this guy said to get mine working and havent gone back to being wired

Comment

Hi I used wireless with no problems until the patch, was experiencing the same issue although was only happening every 30 mins or so. I basically uninstalled all BF2 apps, reinstalled BF2 & SF then loaded the full 1.3 patch from EA downloader, reinstalled Euroforce after that and the problem seems to have resolved. I did dl all previous patches incrementally but the one hit seems to have sorted it, try it may help but like yourself I'm no expert here and am only relaying what worked for me.

Comment

If the rest of your ocmputer is not losing connections (ie. Ventrilo or teamspeak stays connected through out this time) a reboot might help. Rebooting solved my problems.

Comment

Working...
                  X