1900 XTX problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1900 XTX problems.

I just got my new card and have few problems in BF2. I get few texture problems, ie on Dalian Plant windows in buildings shimmer when I look at them. Also, many shadows look terrible, I;m not talking about building shadows but mostly vehicles. Also, when I alt-tab from game into Win I have a strange thing going on when I want to scroll down in Windows or Internet Explorer. I'm not sure what it's called but it looked exactly the same as when I try to scroll and I have no gfx driver installed.

None of those things were happening with my 7800GTX, nor I experience that scrolling problem when I alt-tab in any other game I have.

Any ideas? BTW I'm using latest, 6.5 CATs.

Re: 1900 XTX problems.

Take some screenshots and post 'em........

Comment

I'm running with everything on max at 1280x1024.

First shows the shadow "problem". Again only happens with vehicles. Tree and building shadows are OK.

http://www.tawainc.com/bf2.jpg

This one shows the texture problem or whatever it is. Look at the windon in my sights. Thos black shapes will change shape when I move and will disapper when I get closer to the building.

http://www.tawainc.com/bf3.jpg

Comment

I went from 7800GTX to a X1900XTX. The shimmering you see on the windows is normal, its the BF2 engine. I had this with my 7800GTX as well. Shadows are slightly worse on ATI in this game. Make sure you enable HQ AF and it will look better. The X1900XTX is a beast in BF2, my fps jumped by 20%.

Comment

Any idea about the scrolling problem?

Instead of scrolling smoothly when I alt-tab it just jumps a third of screen at a time with tearing on both ends. If I go to display settings/advanced/3d and just click apply after changing any kind of setting the problem disappears. It's really starange.

Comment

Might not help, but i would uninstall and reinstall the drivers. Dont just reinstall over the existing ones. You must remove them first.

Comment

I run the X1800XT on the cat 6.5 without any problems, is this card clocked??

Comment

I'll try what wootoow is suggesting when I get home. And no, card is at stock.

Do you guys know what I'm talking about with that scrolling problem? It's exactly the same (at least for me) when I do a fresh format and boot my comp without any video drivers installed.

Also, I tried setting AF to 16x and High Quality and it doesn't affect vehicle shadows at all. They still suck balls (see 1st link in my second post). I've seen someone say that BF2 shadows will suck on ATI cards since they were somehow optimized for nVidia. Is that what's causing this? Do all ATI users have them looking this ugly? Indian, do your vehicle shadows look like mine?

Comment

Working...
                X