About claymores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About claymores

I am at the airport on Wake trying to cap the flag, fighting. I killed a sniper who dropped a claymore right next to me. I was looking at it, as it was very close to me, wondering why it doesn't go off.
    I stood still until the flag was taken, then at the very first step, the claymore exploded.
    What kind of a behavior for a claymore is that, exploding only when moving??

Re: About claymores

Behavior by design.

Comment

Yes cause thats how claymores work unless attached with a trip wire.

Comment

they hang around far too long after the sniper who planted them down has died.

Comment

/agree They should disappear as soon as the sniper dies.

Comment

Yeah I agree.....and Claymores are motion sensing.

Comment

Claymores are triggered by vibrations in the ground, so if you're just standing there next to one it won't go off.

Comment

Originally posted by the_waffler
                Claymores are triggered by vibrations in the ground, so if you're just standing there next to one it won't go off.
                Time to call for an engineer

"ok, mate...careful!!! ok... just defuse it!.... Stop trying to make me laugh!"

ps. if you want to make the claymores disapear as soon as a sniper dies... then I also put it that anything dropped by anyone should disapear as soon as they die. Like medpacks, mines, supplies. To be fair.

Comment

Tips for clays:
                  1. Clays don't go off for about 4-5 seconds till after the sniper drops it... so if you catch a sniper with a clay out, he's as good as dead... just don't run back over it after you kill him, and move out of the blast radius immideatly
                  2. Clays blow 12 feet in front and at that distnace the blow is 9 feet wide (game feet)
                  3. You cannot jump over teh blast radius

Comment

Originally posted by Boots
                    Tips for clays:
                    1. Clays don't go off for about 4-5 seconds till after the sniper drops it... so if you catch a sniper with a clay out, he's as good as dead... just don't run back over it after you kill him, and move out of the blast radius immideatly
                    2. Clays blow 12 feet in front and at that distnace the blow is 9 feet wide (game feet)
                    3. You cannot jump over teh blast radius

God do I wish I knew this weeks ago. I always thought they blew up only if you touched them. I always screamed and punched things after dying from a C4 that I felt was too far away. I would be like..."That c4 is over there, imma run over here...then BOOOM (My body parts splattered all over the map)!" There should be away to deactive them, but its hella fun to get a kill when you are nowhere near the scene or after you have died. I guess that makes up for them.

Comment

Working...
                    X