Sure you can fly, but can you aim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure you can fly, but can you aim?

Here's the deal. At the risk of sounding arrogant im a great pilot :P And i can shoot down enemy planes with ease (but then who couldn't? the missiles are almmost unavoidable nowadays).

The problem is that im the worlds worst aim with bombs. Even on stationary targets. I hit my target maybe.. 10% of the time if im LUCKY. Does anyone have any tips on how early to release the payload or angle of approach and such, to make me hit a lot more often?

Re: Sure you can fly, but can you aim?

Yeah, switch to to the front-on external view after you drop your bombs and you'll see where your bombs land behind you.

Just start doing that and you'll soon learn what to do.

Comment

My strategy is pretty much to fly in at a 45 degree angle and drop the bomb just as I am a few metres above the target then pull up hard. I hit maybe 50-70% of the time.

I'm also interested in hearing some better sure-fire tactics!

Comment

There's a good tutorial in the "tips and tricks" section of the forum

Comment

Whenever I fly, I go high around 400-500 and drop down on my target, it's great for destroying tanks and AA since both bombs should hit either near or on the target. When you get better at it you can release your bombs higher and get away from the heat quicker.

Comment

well
            there are many techniques
            and are easily cut into 2 categories
            bomber/fighter

in essence - steeper is better- less spread of bombs
            less exposure to surface missiles

but here is a NOVEL IDEA :P
            do NOT practice in a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            find a server that is empty
            clean sweep is good
            go as Mec (2 runways for re-arming)
            and practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice,
            then try it in a game

i GUARNTEE you , just 30 minutes of practice
            will improve your accuracy by 1000%

Comment

i always shoot earlier than i think..but wat talus said is also good.just dont lose control of ur plane when ur in the backwards view (press f9 to switch back)

Comment

^like your sig con

Bombing is quite easy for me now its all about precision and timing, if a tank is moving time your shot I usually get a good height and swoop down and drop the bombs. I usually Machine gun helicopters since they are a bitch to hit with a missile, and I machine gun most troops and especially troops on IGLA's and Stingers, also Machine gun buggys and boats, use the bombs for armored vehicles or taking out masses of troops if they are capping one of our flags, bombing to get one person is a wasted bomb, use the cannon on his ass.

Comment

Check the Hints and Tips section. Ive made a few shots for visual bomb drop. It doesnt work for some, from the feedback Ive received, but it works for me like a charm. I guess I have to "perfect it".

What you want to do is segment it into 2 objectives. Anti-infantry and Anti-Armor drops.

Dive-bombing is the most precise, although the hardest way to get rid of armor. Bombs have the shortest flight time aswell so the timing is less of an issue. Also, the steeper the angle, the closer to teh aiming reticle your drop off goes.

Horizontal bombing, my favourite, because Im really not that good at ATS, is for "newbies" or inexperienced people who like to bomb by a system, rather than the "gut feeling". Tutorial I made is exactly for those.

Horizontal bombing with widespread drops for anti-infantry and gorizontal bombing with narrow spread for anti-armor. All noted out there.

In the end, youll either fly by your gut, or by your own system. And I just dont trust my gut that much, so maybe youre like me :P

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X