Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

Okay, so I noticed that some people have more unlocks than their rank would suggest (like, 6 on Sergeant). How the hell do you get that?

Re: Question

You get extra unlocks if you buy Special Forces.

Comment

yep just like lil jimmy said some people bought SF just for the unlocks or if u know of a friend that has SF go to his house and sign on with ur name and password and theres ur unlocks. ive heard that worked but dont quote me on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stilla-Killa
        yep just like lil jimmy said some people bought SF just for the unlocks or if u know of a friend that has SF go to his house and sign on with ur name and password and theres ur unlocks. ive heard that worked but dont quote me on it.
        That does work. And all you have to do is go and play in a SF server for a few minutes (I would play a round just to be safe) Then after you log into Vanilla BF2 2 new unlocks will pop-up.

Comment

Yup, you get two unlocks for every rank that gives u an unlock. Brilliant system, although it was made purely just to push even more money outta us players.

GO DICE!

Blah...

Comment

This might half help
            Special Weapons Hack
            Locate the file "unlocks.py" located in Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\python\bf2\stats (or wherever you installed Battlefield 2, in the folders \python\bf2\stats), and open "unlocks.py" with Notepad. (Before you edit unlocks.py, you should make a backup of the file "unlocks.py" (just copy and paste the file) and rename the file to unlocks1.py) Now you should see a whole bunch of codes. Press CTRL+F and find the word "defaultunlocks" (without the quotations). This should highlight the line of codedefaultUnlocks = [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0] Change all the "0"s to "1"s, so it looks like this: defaultUnlocks = [1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1] and now press CTRL+S to save. Note: this only works for single player. EA Games will ban your CD-Key for a week if they discover you are using this for multiplayer (darn). So just replace the unaltered backup file of "unlocks.py" for multiplayer.
            I copyed and pasted all that, dont think im that smart.

Comment

Whats that gotta do with sf unlocks? Isn't that just for singleplayer, vanilla unlocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Manufan7
                This might half help
                Special Weapons Hack
                Locate the file "unlocks.py" located in Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\python\bf2\stats (or wherever you installed Battlefield 2, in the folders \python\bf2\stats), and open "unlocks.py" with Notepad. (Before you edit unlocks.py, you should make a backup of the file "unlocks.py" (just copy and paste the file) and rename the file to unlocks1.py) Now you should see a whole bunch of codes. Press CTRL+F and find the word "defaultunlocks" (without the quotations). This should highlight the line of codedefaultUnlocks = [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0] Change all the "0"s to "1"s, so it looks like this: defaultUnlocks = [1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1] and now press CTRL+S to save. Note: this only works for single player. EA Games will ban your CD-Key for a week if they discover you are using this for multiplayer (darn). So just replace the unaltered backup file of "unlocks.py" for multiplayer.
                I copyed and pasted all that, dont think im that smart.
                well it is a good way to test out the unlocks before making a descison

Comment

Strange... I found the folder, found the file, found the line and made the changes.
                  Saved, went into SP game- no unlocks

Comment

Sorry about that I just found it on cheatplanet.com

Comment

i dont think u can use unlocks for single player??? i might be wrong but there u go. to get the extras u have to play SF in a ranked server.

Comment

Working...
                      X