BF:SF Startup error Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF:SF Startup error Message

When I try to start playing BF2:SF, on startup I recieve this error message saying:

mods/bf2/shaders/lightning.fx no found!!!_DO_check your working directory,_AND_sync your shaders folder before calling your local rendering programmer/GP.(really!)

Re: BF:SF Startup error Message

Others have been reporting the same problem. I'm sorry, but it seems that a complete uninstall/reinstall with a complete 1.3 patch is required. :cry:

Comment

Ok, so what do I do? Unnistall SF and BF2, reinstall BF2, then SF, then the patch?

Comment

yeah i got tht what do i do? *crys*

Comment

lol. that happened to me after 1.2 it was such a pain. Not the same error message but an error message

Comment

Somebody may have the answer. Apparantly you need to search the mentioned folders and copy all the contents into the empty ones you find.

Comment

You do not need to reinstall:

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76303

Comment

^your hero!

Comment

Wow that saves time.

Comment

Ok, I just got the Expansion pack and got the error, I tried to follow the steps and copy the files listed above but they did not exist, so instead I just re-ran the 1.41 patch from my backups it took only 3 mins to complete the update rather then the 25 it took the first time i set up 1.41. and everything works fine. so just do that and ignore all else

DerZy

Comment

My friend actually has this problem currently, but what it looks like to me, is that some of the games were sent out with the wrong name on a file. The correct file name is lightning.fx but from what I am seeing everyone talking about they only have a file called lighting.fx. What I did to test that this was really the problem, was changed the name of my lightning.fx file to lighting.fx and ran BF2. Sure enough I got the same error message that every one of you has been getting. So pretty much all you have to do is drag the lighting.fx file to your desktop click on the name change it to lightning.fx and put it back in, and you should be good to go.

PS this should be the location of the file...
                      C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Shaders_client.zip

Comment

Working...
                      X