EA US Official servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EA US Official servers

I'm kinda surprised anyone would want to play those servers. No admins, anything goes, mayhem and chaos. Those were the servers I went to when I was first playing and played like an asshat.

Anytime I go on one of those I see TK's like mad, the pilots just ram all day, everyone spam yells at everyone else, all kinds of BS nobody wants to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by pertti_pasanen
      They don't want them crashing every 2 hours.
      Yes crashing can someone tell me is it the patch where can i read about it
      i got two 3700 atlon 64 computers with 2 gig of ram ati 9800xt graphics cards i thoiught it was my wireless network card so i got out my spare usb wireless still crashes severs cut out often.

network cars are dlink 54g wireless air pluss
      usb back up card is a netgear 54 wg111

it ****s it realy does

ive all so NOT RECIVED MY MEDALS THAT I WON MISSING ARE THREE PURPLE HEARTS 1 X GOLD STAR AND SOMTHING ELSE BUT I CANT REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS A COMMAND SERVICICE MEDAL OF SOMTHING.

TELL ME PLEASE ANY ONE KNOW WHATS GOING ON AND WHEN IT WILL BE FIXED.

Comment

Originally posted by WDA_Endless954
        I'm kinda surprised anyone would want to play those servers. No admins, anything goes, mayhem and chaos. Those were the servers I went to when I was first playing and played like an asshat.

Anytime I go on one of those I see TK's like mad, the pilots just ram all day, everyone spam yells at everyone else, all kinds of BS nobody wants to deal with.
        Actually man they have gotten a lot better. Yeah every now and again you'll get the TK asshat, but there are usually some pretty good players on them.

BTW, I played on your server the other night. I was part of the =R= guys. I think you were on there at the same time. Nice server you guys have there.

Comment

Originally posted by WDA_Endless954
          You just explained about 90% of clan servers out there... most peeps on EA servers are there to play and do alot of teamwork. Unlike having a clan all on one side in a server with an admin who has a God complex against anyone who votes for mutiny against a commander (WS - Walmart tard security server). Not too mention the different levels of settings you encounter when entering different clan servers such as:
          • having tk set ON for mines
          • no mutiny for commanders
          • clan members kicking peeps so they can have the copters n planes
          • servers running only one map 24/7
          • only allowing two squads per side
          • knife n pistol only servers (still)
          • clanmembers in the commander spot and NOT commanding so they get the points and can fly around
          • clanmembers practicing random things and not worrying about the flags/round at hand
          • clanmembers tking for things like tanks, boats, AA, etc
          • rounds set to end after a short amount of time
          • different rules about language, dropping cars on runways, tking, basecamping, etc, etc and those rules thrown out the window or "changed" when the clanmembers are doing it.
          • I can go on and on, but you get the point.
          I understand it's their server and they pay for it and I can easily move onto the next server. But, it's much easier to login and jump into an EA server and start playing knowing exactly what will happen while I play. The EA servers are a much better experience in BF2, much better than the crap I see on the clan servers. Hence the reason some of us want our EA servers back... I can wait for them.

Comment

Deathl0k, I couldn't have said it any better myself. You hit the nail right on the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathl0k
              You just explained about 90% of clan servers out there... most peeps on EA servers are there to play and do alot of teamwork. Unlike having a clan all on one side in a server with an admin who has a God complex against anyone who votes for mutiny against a commander (WS - Walmart tard security server). Not too mention the different levels of settings you encounter when entering different clan servers such as:
              • having tk set ON for mines
              • no mutiny for commanders
              • clan members kicking peeps so they can have the copters n planes
              • servers running only one map 24/7
              • only allowing two squads per side
              • knife n pistol only servers (still)
              • clanmembers in the commander spot and NOT commanding so they get the points and can fly around
              • clanmembers practicing random things and not worrying about the flags/round at hand
              • clanmembers tking for things like tanks, boats, AA, etc
              • rounds set to end after a short amount of time
              • different rules about language, dropping cars on runways, tking, basecamping, etc, etc and those rules thrown out the window or "changed" when the clanmembers are doing it.
              • I can go on and on, but you get the point.
              I understand it's their server and they pay for it and I can easily move onto the next server. But, it's much easier to login and jump into an EA server and start playing knowing exactly what will happen while I play. The EA servers are a much better experience in BF2, much better than the crap I see on the clan servers. Hence the reason some of us want our EA servers back... I can wait for them.
              kinda insincer and offensive to lump all clans together and put us down.

In the case of our Clan server:
              1. tk on for mines is better you dont have 17 snipers all spamming clays because of no fear of tk's
              2. no muntiny means no repeditive stupid childish votes because some 10 year old wants to be commander( the admin will take care or bad commanders)
              3. we gladly let other players use all vehicles and would never kick someone for a vehicle
              4.we allow max number of squads no ranked server can change this if its wacked its an illegal change or bug
              5.knife and pistol only? not us but wtf quit whining about this crap theres thousands of servers
              6.commanders that are commander in name only for points..give me a break this is most comman on official EA servers
              7.you know what i stop here everything u listed is what i find on non-clan servers and shmaktard clan servers.

the internet is a scary place...don't make it scarier about jumping to assumptions and making accusations about "ALL" clans, the reality is if you want a really good clan find a good clans server and play there, my guess is some clan banned u for stat padding or shmaktarditis thus ur predudice against clans.

Comment

I have to agree with Deathl0k. I have played on a lot of Clan servers and it is all about them and not the game. You play how they want you to or get kicked, like when we were kids playing over at a friends house. While not all are like that, most are. About "Walmart arse licker" security server, I have been on it and was kicked because the commander didn't like getting a mutiny vtoe agains thim. The commander there did nothing to aid the rest of the team and wasn't even voted out of position. But the felt the need to ban me. WTF is that all about. What the complaint is here is, some of us that are not in "Clans" want to play on EA servers and not Clan whore servers.

Comment

I think the point being made is that for all of the bad things you could say about the official EA servers, there's a lot more bad things that could be said about the majority of clan servers.

Now, obviously not all clans have a god complex - there are a handful of clan servers that I'd choose to play on over the EA servers any day of the week - the only problem is that because they're good servers, they're always full. The reason for this is simple - the clan members don't treat their guests as inferior, and the server is properly moderated.

For me, there's nothing better than a properly moderated server - period. On that same note, there's nothing worse than am improperly moderated server. The EA servers, with no moderator, fall in the middle. It's like McDonalds - anywhere you go in the country their french fries are the same - consistency is what they're good at selling. All EA servers have the same rules - they're universal. The problem here is that in my experience, there are relatively few properly moderated clan servers, and the vast majority of bad ones are giving clans in general a bad rap.

I'm not biased, I don't have an agenda, I don't hate clans, and in 450 hrs of gameplay (Shaftoe2) I've only been kicked 15 times, with zero bans. I'm just a regular dude that likes playing BF2 after the kids go to bed.

So that's my $0.02, for whatever it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by =IMO=THJones
                    the internet is a scary place...don't make it scarier about jumping to assumptions and making accusations about "ALL" clans, the reality is if you want a really good clan find a good clans server and play there, my guess is some clan banned u for stat padding or shmaktarditis thus ur predudice against clans.
                    Funny, I thought I started my post with "You just explained about 90% of clan servers out there..." That's fine that you are an exception to the rule, good for you guys but most of my experience has seen some pretty lame servers out there. Maybe that's the problem though, the good ones are full. Could be why WS is always empty... haha Oh, and in response to YOUR accusations... I don't stat pad and usually only get banned from a server for telling a clan that they are playing by two sets of rules. I usually try to get banned from those servers anyway, helps remind me not to go back. It would be nice if I could eliminate servers from my list when searching for new ones and not have to use only my favorites all the time. In any case, my "prejudice" towards clans comes from many, many, many years of playing in them... all the way back to my Delta Force and Soldier of Fortune days. Hence the reason I no longer join them... too many rules and too many leaders sucking the fun right out of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathl0k
                      Funny, I thought I started my post with "You just explained about 90% of clan servers out there..." That's fine that you are an exception to the rule, good for you guys but most of my experience has seen some pretty lame servers out there. Maybe that's the problem though, the good ones are full. Could be why WS is always empty... haha Oh, and in response to YOUR accusations... I don't stat pad and usually only get banned from a server for telling a clan that they are playing by two sets of rules. I usually try to get banned from those servers anyway, helps remind me not to go back. It would be nice if I could eliminate servers from my list when searching for new ones and not have to use only my favorites all the time. In any case, my "prejudice" towards clans comes from many, many, many years of playing in them... all the way back to my Delta Force and Soldier of Fortune days. Hence the reason I no longer join them... too many rules and too many leaders sucking the fun right out of the game.
                      ok if i overstepped i apologize, you hit my hotspot cause we work hard to give a great game to everyone as do many servers I know of. I personally have had very bad experiances on non admined servers wether they be EA offical or shmaktard clans. I have probalbe been banned more than most from clan servers because being an admin when i see bad admining i open my mouth up and spew venom apon the shmaktards even worse than i did to you in these forums, so again i apologize for my words.
                      I do believe though finding a well admined server is 100% the key to a good game.

Comment

Originally posted by roshambo14

BTW, I played on your server the other night. I was part of the =R= guys. I think you were on there at the same time. Nice server you guys have there.
                        Thanks, you guys were great too, come back anytime!

Comment

Working...
                        X