BF2 Server Query - Updated for 1.3 patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Server Query - Updated for 1.3 patch

Update: Modified the code to work with pre-1.3 versions too ... also a few minor bug fixes.

The new patch introduced a new protection scheme to prevent DoS attacks on game servers via server query. This method requires that every server query responds to a challenge request before being handed any data.

This means that all software that queries BF2 servers must be updated or they simply will not work.

PHP code is below (can easily be reproduced in C, C++, Ruby, Perl, etc)

The Code:

The Result:

Any bugs found, please contact me tom@myinternetservices.com

Re: BF2 Server Query - Updated for 1.3 patch

Nice to see them taking a step to protect servers. Let's hope QTracker and Game-Monitor will update themselves accordingly. Thanks for the updates Spets.

Though I must say I'm dissappointed that they didn't do anything to secure the GameSpy account server. All these queries to it from everywhere make connecting to the account server take ages...

~Salad

Comment

Re: BF2 Server Query - Updated for 1.3 patch

Game Monitor has already updated (I'm assuming they are using QStat, which was the first to release the updates for the GS3 protocol).

Any server that is not patched to 1.3 will still respond normally. If a server has been patched, the old way of querying the server will not work.

Comment

Working...
      X