Bf2 Won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bf2 Won't start

He people, I got a problem with BF2, I've searched a while, but I can't find the same problem as me.

When I double click on the Bf2 icon on desktop the normal Bf2 splash screen is coming up for arround 3 seconds and than it disappears, and than nothing happens (no CTD). Sometimes you can hear the BF2 cd-rom spinning up. I'm using the Bf2 mini cd iso, but I also have unmount it and tryd it with the normal dvd. I also reinstalled it etc. Only sometimes Bf2 suddenly works after clicking 5 times on the icon.....

My system specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
    ASUS A8N-SLI-Deluxe
    XFX Nvidia Gforce 6800GT
    2x 1Gb Corsair Low latencie Twinx 3200
    200GB Maxtor Daimond 10 S-Ata
    Nec 3240A DVD burner.

Hope somebody can help me, or post me a link of a similair post

Re: Bf2 Won't start

I have the exact same problem. I managed to get it working through window mode, which is how I play now. Its not bad, I switch the resolution so the window takes up most of my desktop

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showt...t=65944&page=2

Comment

I think I found out when it's starting or not! We got a fileserver @ home, the directory ''My Documents'' is on that fileserver, the last few days it's sometimes offline, and now I'm connected again to it and my Bf2 is WORKING!!

So maybe this solution works to other people to!

Comment

Your problem happened to me because I had renamed my BF2 executable so that the game runs better. If you haven't tried this, it disables certain crazy card optimizations so that Bf2 can run smoothly while looking just fine instead of being a slide show. Anyway, I had copied my old version of BF2 and had it simply sitting in the directory, so that I had one BF2hope.exe and one BF2.exe. I noticed after update the BF2 one was of a different file size (having been modified), so if you're running the renamed exe, this is the reason why. You need to run off the newer exe.

Comment

If I changed my exe as you stated, how do I find the changed files so I can change them back. I added a number to the files in case I wanted to change them back, so changing them won't be hard, except I can't find these files. HELP

Comment

Working...
          X