No announcement yet.

Random Desktop Crashing - Please Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Desktop Crashing - Please Help!

Hi Guys

I've used the search feature and most of the results did not apply to my case.

Here is the case:

I just installed BF 2 that I got on sale from BB for $25 (Canadian). I installed the game, got Direct X 9.0C and so forth. When I try to play online, my game randomly crashes to the desktop while playing. The loading is fine, just that when I get it and finally take a shot or drive a tank, my game randomly crashes without any error messeges. However, when I play on single player, everything is fine!!! I am running version 1.0.2442.0.

Here is a screenshot of the EasyInfo thing from EA:

Any Ideas?

Thanks

By The way, I have tried reinstalling the game, twice.

Re: Random Desktop Crashing - Please Help!

You have the basic unpatched version of BF2. There have been about 6 patches since the game first came out.

There are only 30 servers running your version of the game so I'm surprised that you can even play online.

While some people have been having problems with it, you will probably need to download the latest patch to fully experience BF2. It's available at filecloud and therre are several threads in the main forum listing where you can get it.

Random crashes to the desktop can somatimes mean that you have an overheating problem or your gfx card isn't getting enough power.

Comment

Could be a heap of things, but possibly bad patching. Troll the support section and give other users methods a crack.

PS you're also running an older version of the game and your graphics card could do with some help (i.e. upgrade it), its probably as low as you can go and still get the game running.

Comment

I am not sure if it could be a video graphics issue because single player games run fine, no crashes what so ever...

Unless the online mode uses more GPU power? I am not sure. I will try to upgrade the drivers and see if that works before patching since many users are experiencing problems with it.

Thanks

Comment

Yes, if you have the original incarnation of BF2 the single player mode runs fine, its what tells me that my machine has installed it properly before I proceed to patch. GPU wise it shouldnt make any difference at all to whether the game runs.

If its running in single player mode, but not online, I'm not so sure if its a driver issue. Check your punkbuster updates too.

Comment

Indeed. Punkbuster never updates for me and I have to check it weekly to see if there's something new to download.

Comment

Working...
            X