Commander questions >> bear with me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commander questions >> bear with me

I have just started playing Commander on servers with maybe 15 on a side and enjoy it. I also won my first game !! From what I have read you get credited with kills for the Arty you dispense. It doesn't show up in the stats at the end of the game, but shows up globally ??? Reason I am asking is, I only play Commander, and received the Assault Veteran Combat Badge, and the Anti-Tank Veteran Combat Badge, even though all I did was play Commander the whole game......

Lastly, how can someone possibly play the game as normal, and do the Commander functions too ? I was busy all the time, even with only 30 total players.

I only started playing this a few months ago. It is unfortunate that they have changed all the awards requirements.

Thanks,

Larry

25th Infantry Division
    MOS 11C20
    Vietnam and Cambodia 1970

Re: Commander questions >> bear with me

Yes youre correct. The number of arty kills can go towards your IAR score for awards. And you really sohuldnt play and command at the same time. Youll lose track of enemy/team movement and you wont be ready to give supplies/arty/uav/etc

Comment

Re: Commander questions >> bear with me

If you're going to commander, best to stay in command screen mode all the time. You can still RIGHT+CLICK spot for your teammates and help them catch 'runner' to flags now that they have vehicle drops in the game.

Also ALL your points as commander is based on the aggregate average of your teammates. NOTHING you do for combat or teamwork add to your score directly (med packs, repairing your artillery, killing an enemy etc...).

So its in your best interests to make sure that your teammates get higher scores so at the end of the round if your team wins that average score will be doubled.

You may want to read this thread in the Tips & Tricks section if you haven't already:
      Guide to the Commander Mode (Basic)

Comment

Working...
      X