mouse3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mouse3

Hello, I've been reading around this forum about binding keys, I used to play CS a lot, and it was so easy to bind stuff... but, we can't do anything about this.

I respect the attempt to abolish script-kiddies/hack scripts, but I was wondering if there's a way to bind F1-F4 to change what mouse3 does...

I recently set mouse3 to the C4 slot on special forces, and it's nice to be able to whip those out in a second's notice to blow up (or try to) a tank or something.

However, BF2 doesn't really have a slot-scheme where that slot is always what I want, so I would like to be able to change what is does when I change classes without having to go into the options menu and rebind it there.

I don't think this is hacking at all, just an easy way to rebind my mouse button.

Anyways... like I've said, I've read around, but I can't even seem to find the right controls.con to edit (I don't have a /Profiles/000X directory??).

Thanks in advance.

Re: mouse3

It's in your 'My documents/battlefield 2' folder..

But what you want cannot be done there...

Comment

Well... that's lame. I guess I need more mouse buttons. Dammit.

Comment

Depends what you are trying to do. Most 'equipment' is in the same slot, for example, primary weapon is always slot 3, knife is always slot 1 (i think).

outline EXACTLY what you are trying to do.

Comment

Well, I have mouse2 bound to weapon slot 3, which is always the primary weapon, works fine.

But I only have one free mouse button left, so if I'm Special Forces I would want to to be C4 (slot5), another class I would like it to be slot4, etc. I just would like to easily be able to toggle which slot that particular mouse button switches to.

Comment

In CS you could script a new bind, and activate it when you change class, but i don't beleive there is such a function in BF2.

Comment

Yeah I tried editing the controls.con with some in-depth crazyness, but it didn't work... and I don't think there's a way to insert aliases into BF2, I think I might have a problem imbedding a ControlMap.* inside a ControlMap.* function...

If there were an alias with a ControlMap.* function then I'd bet another ControlMap.* function could call is up without problems... hmmmm.

I noticed in the /mods/settings directory there's a AliasedCommands.con, but apparently that doesn't have anything to do with normal gameplay.

Comment

you could bind yoru mouse to next weapon, and get used to pressing it a few times

Comment

Working...
                X