Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Older Versions...Does it count?

Hey all, I have a stupid question:

If I play BF2 but with an older version (lets say 1.22) and I play in RANKED servers. Do they points I accumulate there record and show in bf2s?

Thanks

Re: Older Versions...Does it count?

No, they shouldn't.

Comment

Shouldn't, or dont?

Comment

Both. There is an off chance that it may happen, but it's not supposed to.

Sorry: accidentally hit your edit button.

[Pssst... the "edited by" doesn't show unless you actually edit something. ]

Comment

They usually have a grace periode in place of about a week before older ranked servers get cut off... but in this case, it's hard to guess. The changes they made to the ranking system could have knocked the older versions out right at release (and thus could be part of the reason for outtages lastnight).

Comment

interesting, I just happend to play with some filters earlier and noticed 28 ranked servers from 1.21 and below. 5 of them running 1.03.
            "Crunch's First Officer"
            twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
              They usually have a grace periode in place of about a week before older ranked servers get cut off... but in this case, it's hard to guess. The changes they made to the ranking system could have knocked the older versions out right at release (and thus could be part of the reason for outtages lastnight).
              This is correct, there's an overlap of a short period where stats from either version will count, but I'd patch up as soon as possible if I were you.

Comment

Originally posted by signa
                interesting, I just happend to play with some filters earlier and noticed 28 ranked servers from 1.21 and below. 5 of them running 1.03.
                They can try ta run 'em, but the stats server is set to reject 'em.

Comment

I think you used to be able to do this and gain points, but the stats server as wargimp said is supposed to reject them.

I remeber hearing once that "pro's" would go to the original version of BF2 and beat up on all the noobies who are playing the demo. Now that just not nice.

Comment

i believe it doesnt work, cos i played in a 1.22 server last night n i tried getting some badges, but even after i met the req, it doesnt show. but my score n time still shows up. my guess is that u wont get your awards in 1.22, but u still get your points n time.

Comment

I believe it does work because I've been playing 1.12 patch all the time and I still get my awards/points if the server didn't crash... My latest award is like Gold Star from April 4th which is around the 1.22 patch I think. The 1.12 patch is the oldest patch with Ranked servers.

Comment

i've seen servser ranked servsers online.. from previous versions. 1.0, 1.2, 1.3.

Comment

I thought server operators could spoof the server browser to show them as ranked so they can get traffic? Is this true?

Also couldn't you change the version on the packets sent to the ranking servers? I would had hoped EA/DICE added some kind of encryption key so servers can't do this. Perhaps mutliple servers share the same IP behind a router? One is 1.30 and the other is a lower version, but the ranking server thinks its receiving packets from the ranked 1.30 when its getting it from something earlier?

Just speculating here.

Comment

Working...
                          X