yet another 1.3 problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yet another 1.3 problem...

Ok, this is the second major problem that ive had with 1.3.

My game loads up fine and I can join servers, but as soon as my game finishes loading and I click "join game" my game crashes to the desktop...any suggestions?

Re: yet another 1.3 problem...

Nothing specific. I had the same issue, and after a full install of XP, days of testing hardware and reinstalling BF2 countless times it went away.

edit: Whoops, that was my story for 1.22, although I'd imagine it'd be the same for 1.3. Also even though when you patched it said "patching complete" I'm guessing a few files haven't been carried over.

Comment

Wow. You guys are SOOOOO lucky to get errors while looking for servers. My BF2 (never had any problems before now) crashes to desktop after I hit the icon. I have BF2, SF, and EF...and I'm playing Civ III while I fume about having to find an hour to reinstall BF2 and SF (and/or redownload) EF.

Maybe while I'm chasing software headaches I'll reinstall windows. That way, a crappy, sloppy (but fun) piece of software like BF2 won't seem so doggone annoying.

Sheesh. I'll be back to BF2'ing it sometime...I hope.

Comment

I would uninstall bf2 and after installing a fresh version of both vanilla and sf (if you have sf) then patch with the full 1.3 patch. I've done this before and have had zero problems.

Comment

dont know about u guys, but my problem is that it wont let me join any servers. if i click on one it goes crazy and gives random numbers like 364547383648 amount of ping, and it keeps tellin me people are in a server, when theres not. and one more thing, the server details window shows everything as 0. anyone know what i should do? its not makin me happy and i dont know how to revert back to 1.22. :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by megawhompertoo
            Wow. You guys are SOOOOO lucky to get errors while looking for servers. My BF2 (never had any problems before now) crashes to desktop after I hit the icon. I have BF2, SF, and EF...and I'm playing Civ III while I fume about having to find an hour to reinstall BF2 and SF (and/or redownload) EF.

Maybe while I'm chasing software headaches I'll reinstall windows. That way, a crappy, sloppy (but fun) piece of software like BF2 won't seem so doggone annoying.

Sheesh. I'll be back to BF2'ing it sometime...I hope.
            i think ur problem is that u renamed bf2.exe to something and u need it to be bf2.exe to patch correctly

and to the first post:

not sure if it is related but what graphics card do u have? i was playing in the 21st century warfare tournament thing and theres some maps where i get the same problem when u click join game and it crashes..so i swtiched to use 2.0 pixel shaders (i had forced 1.4 pixel shaders earlier) and it worked fine

Comment

To go back to 1.22 you would have to uninstall the game and reinstall then patch with the appropriate patch but ranked servers will all be updated to 1.3. So basically, if you don't update you can't play on ranked servers sooner or later.

Comment

Working...
              X