Can we use this to post new 1.3 bugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we use this to post new 1.3 bugs?

Sorry to start a new thread, mabye admins can sticky this, ive had the following problems:
    1) Server when sorted by ping it looks at wrong server when i click( for gods sake how hard is it to sort a dynamic array and have that be the one displayed instead of using internal one in mem which is not representative of the screen info)
    2) I keep getting locked out of all squads, i mean this isint squad hopping, i cant join any they all seem locked, or do we always have to spawn at a flag even when not in a squad initially?
    Roll on 1.3.1

***** Edited *****
    Ok update for 2) above
    This isint a bug its apparently a feature of the new squad hopping fix, when you join a server, you cannot join a squad when you die at absolutely any point in the game, even when starting where you dont belong to any squad( now this should be fixed ), joining a game half way through gives you very little time to stand around clicking on teams and joining, at least have it so that its a join pending or allow 1 squad join on death at the start of the game

What new bugs/problems have you noticed?

Re: Can we use this to post new 1.3 bugs?

A bug were when you are swimming you get stuck and cant move. Saw it happened to someone on a wake server today. They had to suicide. They could move at all, just jittered back a forth.

Comment

I got online for 5 minutes, and saw three nifty new bugs, plus an overall glitchiness that's yet even worse again than previous patches. Oh, and I never CTD, but I had one today the first time I logged out of one server, and went to another.

1. Spot a helicopter with one person in it, and it comes up as the pilot's kit spotted, instead of the vehicle. Flying sniper spotted!

2. As mentioned above, when you're displaying a listing of servers, the list constantly updates based on the sorting criterion you chose, once you click that server's name. If you sorted by name, you're fine, but if you sorted by ping, you're effed, because the ping keeps changing, which means that the server jumps away to never-never land, and is replaced by a new server name. Kinda fun: it's a random server name generator - just pick your ping, and see a new server with every click.

3. No listings of players in the servers, or listings that are totally out of date. The server line might say that there 42 players online, but the player name listing window shows a vacant server. Enter it, and when you're in, there are 16 guys there. Totally random.

Overall impression of this release: EA has yet again introduced more exciting bugs and glitches than ever before, all while enhancing lag. Enjoy your new learning experience, customers... hot patch coming soon! In the meantime, enjoy the drama of logging into new randomly generated servers that CTD after an endless verification process. Oh, the suspense! Will I get in? Yes? Yes!? Yess!? Oh no - CTD! What fun.

Thank God these twits aren't coding the control software for nuclear power plants, that's all I can say.

Comment

Very often does my game crash when I click the "join game" button, its happened 4 times in 2 hours....

Comment

I think before people think they have a "bug" they should uninstall and reinstall the game and use the FULL patch...I've done this and have had ZERO problems.

Comment

CTD when clicking Join game after VCD.

Comment

You all got that server listing bug wrong ... its added value ... its a new mini game that is included in 1.3 patch .. what you see is server listing but there is a rumor that in it is one server that is displayed as it hould be ... so be quick and fint it

Comment

One bug and one stupid thing...

1) Bug - When playing commander and zooming in and out, the screen flashes quickly in between zooms to what the commander would be seeing if he/she closed the commander's screen

2) Stupid Thing - The falling vehicle drops exactly where you click so you can smush snipers and other players and also drop then onto unoccupied enemy jets and helicopters so they take damage and have to turn around, shake off the vehicle, and then go back to the landing pad and get fixed.

Comment

[QUOTE=cwv_8t88]One bug and one stupid thing...

1) Bug - When playing commander and zooming in and out, the screen flashes quickly in between zooms to what the commander would be seeing if he/she closed the commander's screen
                  [quote]

Had this prior to ~1.2 - effect multiplied by "laggy" connection.

Comment

2) I keep getting locked out of all squads,

Played on 3 different servers last night. Didn't see this.

A bug were when you are swimming you get stuck and cant move.

Not a 1.3 related bug I don't think.

1) Bug - When playing commander and zooming in and out, the screen flashes quickly in

Not a 1.3 bug.

Comment

The little parachute icon (for supplies/vehicle drops) appearing over a persons head.

Comment

Originally posted by RAF92_Warhawk
                        Very often does my game crash when I click the "join game" button, its happened 4 times in 2 hours....
                        I can't even play because of that bug. I'm afraid ill have to quit bf2 untill its fixed. Which may be never.:cussing: I even uninstalled, defragmented, reinstalled, repatched, and same damn freaking problem. I don't think I have had more problems with any other single program/pc game ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro Satanus
                          I can't even play because of that bug. I'm afraid ill have to quit bf2 untill its fixed. Which may be never.:cussing:

Have you reinstalled BF2 and applied the Full patch?

Are you willing to admit that it's a problem with your PC/system and not something that EA can/should fix?

Comment

Originally posted by [ht].ken
                            I think before people think they have a "bug" they should uninstall and reinstall the game and use the FULL patch...I've done this and have had ZERO problems.
                            I installed the full patch and I've still got the in-game browser problem and I had the squad joining problem as well, although I only seemed to get that once.

Comment

Originally posted by Hookey
                              I installed the full patch and I've still got the in-game browser problem and I had the squad joining problem as well, although I only seemed to get that once.

Well this is nothing new and I have found that it's usually a server side error. We have had this problem in my own server and after a restart all was fixed.

Comment

Working...
                              X