Weird issue, maybe 1.3 related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird issue, maybe 1.3 related

Here is what has happened to me...I have a fairly high end comp (3.x ghz, gig ram, high end graphics) and ive been able to play BF2 on almost the highest settings since I got it (over a year ago). I tried to see how far i could push my PC and turn anti-alising on full and put everything on high but it was too choppy. Now, when i change my settings back, even to all on low/off, my computer still runs at 15 FPS. It doesnt matter whether its on the highest or lowest settings, the numbers in the corner when i display FPS is always 15/xx

Before i tried lowering my settings I had upgraded to 1.3...so I dont know if that is the culprit or not.

any help?

Re: Weird issue, maybe 1.3 related

Clear your BF2 cache.

Comment

Ok i cleared the cache, but there is still no improvement. My video card drivers have been updated, and i even tried rolling them back to see if maybe the new driver was causing an issue

ahhh help i need to play

Comment

Every patch affects the video performance a lot. Some patches drop it dramatically, some boost it. Welcome to EA and DICE QC.

Comment

Wait..so if i build my computer with high end products and performance...there is a chance that this 1.3 patch will make it run slower? wtf? this is ********

Comment

Supertyphoon I realize that patches effect the games preformance in different ways, but the fact that the game runs at that same FPS at the highest, lowest and all settings inbetween might indicate to me that there is a different underlying problem

Comment

when u setthe settings to low..do u actually see a visible difference? if not set the "overall quality" to low and then go from there

Comment

yes i see the effects of the setting change

Comment

dude I got exactly the same problem after installing 1.3 patch
                  I have inspiron 9300 with the same vidoe card and after new patch game is soo laggy I even try to reinstall BF2 - didn't help me

I'm hoping for some fix - DICE do ur JOB @$%#

Comment

Make sure your Video card settings in windows is not conflicting with BF2.

1. Does all other games you have installed run well with the expected fram rates.

2. Set all Vendor graphic settings to Factory.. meaning default settings.. If there are options to set Anti Aliasing for example.. set them to allow Game to choose.

3. As one other member suggested.. set your ingame video settings to All Low then All Med then All high .. if your card can handle it. meanwhile testing to see a diference in between these settings.. Once you see it performing well in one of those .. then begin to tweak in game settings for better performance as well.

4. Im not aware of any major changes that Dice/EA made to the game via this patch to effect video performace.. but just in case check to be sure you have the latest drivers installed.. Do it CLEANLY.. example in #5.

5. Be sure if you update video drivers.. dont always asume installing new drivers over old is adequate.. You should always remove the old driver.. restart your windows to have the basic driver and then install the new once the old ones are completely removed. Then go back to step 2.

Comment

Working...
                    X