CTD/BF2.exe stops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTD/BF2.exe stops?

Ok i installed the 1.3 patch earlier and played a couple of rounds and everything was working as normal

I just tryed to play again but it keeps CTDand then ends the BF2.exe any body know how to fix this:cry:

Also when i click on a server in the server list it gives a ridiculous ping like 198754673:cry:

Please help i want to play:cry:

Re: CTD/BF2.exe stops?

I have the same problem. I'm downloading the full patch to see what happens. I better not have to reinstall this ****ing game again.

Comment

I did reinstall the game, and patched with the 1.3(full) when all else failed.

It still crashes to desktop. Even before the game starts.

I haven't been able to find a solution anywhere yet, but I'm looking.

Strange thing I noticed. After I reinstalled the game and patched to 1.3(full), I put my BF2 disk in and the option to 'Play now' or 'Start Playing' are grayed out. I don't know if that is significant or not, just weird.

Comment

Originally posted by (-0-)Mr.Hyde

Strange thing I noticed. After I reinstalled the game and patched to 1.3(full), I put my BF2 disk in and the option to 'Play now' or 'Start Playing' are grayed out. I don't know if that is significant or not, just weird.
        I have the SAME EXACT PROBLEM as you!!!

Comment

Dammit, I don't want to have to go play CS:S for a couple weeks while EA actually tests the patch and comes out with a hotfix.

Comment

Happening here as well.

Comment

patched has FUBAR'D my BF2 5 times tonight total unistall and reinstall and 5 full patches from different locations.

what happens------game loads up play videos and goes to singleplayer or multiplayer screen ,click on retrive account,enter details click next then BAM crashes to desktop.

But tried something else i clicked single player and twatting thing works great in singleplayer,Seems to be a major problem when trying to retrieve account from the main server.yes all the ports required are open etc totally doing my head in

Comment

Originally posted by i made you
                Dammit, I don't want to have to go play CS:S for a couple weeks while EA actually tests the patch and comes out with a hotfix.
                Hahah that wont happen. They already have your money! I have to go back to pre-1.2 if I want to play BF2 without constant CTDs. Which I might just do soon..

Comment

Originally posted by (-0-)Mr.Hyde

i did the same thing, i just thaught that the greyed out thing was my comp setings at first so after seeing this i now know it's not just my comp it's the F'ing patch.

Comment

It was happening to me after I had patched the incremental... luckily I made a backup of the directory and restored. I then remembered I had renamed the bf2.exe due to a performence tip I had read that actually helped... I renamed the exe back to Bf2.exe and repatched the incremental... all seems to be fine now. I tried renaming the exe back to what I was using before (bf too.exe) and it resulting in the same CTD as before... renaming it back to BF2.exe resolves the issue. Just FYI for those trouble shooting.

Comment

i haven't renamed it but i get the exact same problem

Comment

Originally posted by menace-uk-
                        Ok i installed the 1.3 patch earlier and played a couple of rounds and everything was working as normal

I just tryed to play again but it keeps CTDand then ends the BF2.exe any body know how to fix this:cry:

Also when i click on a server in the server list it gives a ridiculous ping like 198754673:cry:

Please help i want to play:cry:

I had this same problem and fixed it using the NO CD/DVD fix from www.gamecopyworld.com
                        it downloads as a dvd image, and you need daemon tools (or other virtual hard drive software) to run it but it seems to fix it,
                        also this is not illegal as long as you own the orignal disk,

Gaberial

Comment

same thing is happening to me...only with wake island tho...its messed up

Comment

Working...
                          X