Incase of problems: Use the FULL patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incase of problems: Use the FULL patch

Just a public service announcement/reminder for you folks...

If you have any strange issues after applying the 1.3 patch, the first thing you should do is attempt to re-patch it with the FULL version.

I've already seen server "Whaaaa, 1.3 sucks because..." posts that look like creept in corruption to me.

If you've made any manual changes to localization files, use the full patch.
    If you notice odd lag after applying the incremental version, use the full patch.
    If you are getting new CTDs, use the full patch.

I'm not saying that it will solve all problems, but every single time a patch comes out there's a huge number of people that manage bad incremental installs then come running here to tell us all how much EA sucks.

Be smart, be safe, use the full patch version.

Re: Incase of problems: Use the FULL patch

good idea.
    "Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I had trouble with the incremental but the full patch worked fine for me.

Comment

try incremental nd then if cant then Full patch for me (take few hours tho )

Comment

Incremental is working just fine for me

Comment

I've actually always been fine using incremental patches, but I also know that many people have suffered from corruption using them.

I had a bad feeling this morning so I pulled down the full version first.
            Using EA's incremental patches is like playing Russian Roulett. Sooner or later, that gun is gonna go boom instead of click. The full version patches takes the bullet out.

Comment

It helps, i couldn't even log into my account before (when i used the incremental) so i did a complete manual uninstall.

Tutorial on how to do a manual uninstall:
              http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg...ted=1119312427

Then i reinstalled it and patched it using the full 1.3 patch. (Yes it took a long, useless amount of time)

I still get CTD's and the like (so it's not foolproof), but at least i can log into my account! :|:

Comment

I can't believe I have to do another reinstall for the 10th time, seriously. Both incremental and full patch failed. I could have used that bandwidth on downloading videos of Quake Wars.

Comment

Make sure that any manual changes you've made are reversed before you try to install a patch.

This includes renaming of the BF2.exe and other tweaks. Localization files should also be set to default.

You did make backups, right?

Comment

Yea you guys with the hack and cheats have to hide them before you install the new patch.

Comment

Amen Wargimp! Some very sane and informative info.

THIS SHOULD BE A STICKY! It would probably save alot of people from needing the Aspirn bottle, as well as all the "EA Sucks" and "1.3 Borked" threads.

Comment

No one reads stickies!
                        I figure there's a better chance of people reading this thread if I leave it up to you folks to bump.

Comment

Does anyone who's installed the "full" patch have problems with the Server browser list in 1.3? Like silly ping values, no information on who's in the Server, etc...

Comment

here is my problem i downloaded to 1.22-1.33 incrmuntal patch. now whan a server finshes loading i get crashed to my desktop how can i fix this

Comment

Did you READ the thread?
                              Even just the title tells you how to deal with this!
                              Or atleast, the first step.

Comment

Working...
                              X