1.3 from a co-op/single player perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.3 from a co-op/single player perspective

Well, my initial excitement after hearing about co-op has now totaly vanished.

Downloaded patch 1.3 at work and installed it when I got home, logged on as an offline account, went to multiplayer and changed the mode to co-op and saw that all we can use are the 16 player maps

WTF's that about then EA/Dice !.

And to rub salt into the wounds they're all the 16 player maps that you've allways had in single player, I was seriously looking forward to being able to play Kubra Dam at my leisure.

So, a worthwhile addition to BF2 has effectively had it's balls cut off, well done, very poor job !.

Re: 1.3 from a co-op/single player perspective

It was naive of you to think DICE would code AI for the 32 and 64 player maps for one patch :P

Comment

Originally posted by DuffMan
      It was naive of you to think DICE would code AI for the 32 and 64 player maps for one patch :P
      Yep, they give with one hand and take with the other.

Thank God for the guys here making decent navmeshed maps for single players...

http://battlefieldsingleplayer.plane...d.gamespy.com/

Comment

O well. its not that big a deal. Sit down, play the game. and get over it.

I thought we would be able to play higher than 16 player maps too. But i was like...hmmm whatever. Its not that big a deal.

-sky

Comment

yea EA/dice promise nice things but never fullfil them

Comment

Watching people in the Battlefield community get ticked off over their own fabricated hype and ideas not getting fullfilled has become somewhat of a ritual...

How do you people live?

Comment

And if you read the change log corretly it says and i quote:

- Co-op: Co-op Mode allows you to play Single Player levels on the Internet and LAN with both AI controlled bots and human players. Several new options have been created that will allow the server creator to modify how the
              bots behave in game.
              So you disappointed yourself by thinking that ment you woudl be able to play kubra, is that a single player map? nope.

-sky

Comment

Originally posted by Fatboy40
                Well, my initial excitement after hearing about co-op has now totaly vanished.

Downloaded patch 1.3 at work and installed it when I got home, logged on as an offline account, went to multiplayer and changed the mode to co-op and saw that all we can use are the 16 player maps

WTF's that about then EA/Dice !.

And to rub salt into the wounds they're all the 16 player maps that you've allways had in single player, I was seriously looking forward to being able to play Kubra Dam at my leisure.

So, a worthwhile addition to BF2 has effectively had it's balls cut off, well done, very poor job !.
                Look at any of my past posts in threads that had to do with the upcoming Coop addition, and you will see that I am a truly gifted psychic. You will see were I had made the statement of 'you will only get the singleplayer maps because making coop mode will take minimal talent'.

Why would it take minimal talent? As long as you made a singleplayer game, you could give your buddy your IP addy and he could join you in a private game of coop. It only required them to embed the option in the game menu and for it to display in the server browser.

Comment

Working...
                X