Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am bout to DL 1.3....Before I do...should I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am bout to DL 1.3....Before I do...should I?

I haven't started to read all these anti 1.3 and pro 1.3 threads yet. But from the looks of it you can't get it to work? Or is this just a few people here and there? Let me know so I don't have to go through the hassel as some of you...yeah...thanks guys

Re: I am bout to DL 1.3....Before I do...should I?

Might as well roll back to the demo.

Comment

The demo ???

Running a magnet over the hard drive is the only thng that will help this guy !

Comment

Just downloaded , works fine but not had much time to play . Had 5 mins a s commander and the vehicle drop thing is very very cool .

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
          The demo ???

Running a magnet over the hard drive is the only thng that will help this guy !
          ROFL!! :rofl:

But ya, moght as well update to 1.3. I did.

Comment

i havent had any problems, i think mainly the people who have problems are the people who have tweaked their files so they will hopefully get better performance (e.g. renaming "bf2.exe" to like "bf21.exe" or whatever) so just make sure you havent done any tweaking like this, and if you have then just un-tweak them

Comment

when i installed it wouldnt work but after a reboot it was fine.

Comment

Its always best to use the FULL patch to avoid wierd issues. But i can say that i have used incremental patches for the last few, and all is well.

Comment

oh, and dont forget to defragment after you install patch

Comment

Okey dokey...yeah the only thing ive changed is the begining intro video crap..shouldnt have an issue with that...im going to use the incremental one so yeah

Comment

Originally posted by ZackAttack2005
                      i havent had any problems, i think mainly the people who have problems are the people who have tweaked their files so they will hopefully get better performance...

When the first patches came out I used to spend a LOT of my free time in the support forum helping peope with problems. There were interesting days when we were all discovering the quirkes of BF2 and coming up with solutions faster than EA support.

Now though, after helping 4 people in under 2 hours to get the 1.3 patch working, only to discover that *all* had renamed the bf2.exe file to something else (to increase game speed), I've decided to let people figure it out for themselves.

Some people do have 100% real problems with the game and the patches but a large % of people, IMHO, have problems with their systems or modified files.

Comment

yea hte only tweak u need to revert is changing bf2---.exe to bf2.exe again tho someone suggested just changing it back if u already installed the 1.3 patch that mite not work so a full isntall mite be needed (hey another 4 hrs of just waiting for the game to install and patch again)

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
                          When the first patches came out I used to spend a LOT of my free time in the support forum helping peope with problems. There were interesting days when we were all discovering the quirkes of BF2 and coming up with solutions faster than EA support.

Now though, after helping 4 people in under 2 hours to get the 1.3 patch working, only to discover that *all* had renamed the bf2.exe file to something else (to increase game speed), I've decided to let people figure it out for themselves.

Some people do have 100% real problems with the game and the patches but a large % of people, IMHO, have problems with their systems or modified files.
                          So ur sayin we shuld dl it?

Comment

dl it?

You should already have it installed already

I get 628 ranked servers running 1.3 so that should be enough for most people

Comment

If I could play on ranked servers w/o this patch I would, but since EA is forcing us to....

Basically, if you want your stats to count then download and install it so you can play on ranked servers. If I didn't care about that stuff, I'd stick with v1.22 and play unranked from now on.

The majority of people are NOT having issues with the patch if that's what you're worried about.

Comment

Working...
                              X