Problems with 1.3 patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with 1.3 patch

I just installed Patch 1.3 and now when i want to start BF2.exe i get this error:

Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

Re: Problems with 1.3 patch

Try reinstalling it? I duno my install was a breeze.

-sky

Comment

After rebooting it just opens it, shows the BF2 logo and quits. Cant install the incremental again (requires 1.22 and it's 1.3 now :hmm: ) so will download the Full...

Comment

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it was downloaded before it "came out"? I don't know...I'm not a doctor. If more people have this problem, and bitch about it here, then I'm not installing whatever I am downloading from i3d.

Comment

i3d is not going to release garbage. they never did and it wont be something to be proud of.

Comment

I have already got it dropping vehicles is fun only tried Wake Island 2007 though USMC can drop FAV's And TVGM's are f'n easy to shoot now now I am 98% sure of a hit against any (moving) chopper

Comment

Originally posted by KoMeT*[NL]
              I have already got it dropping vehicles is fun only tried Wake Island 2007 though USMC can drop FAV's And TVGM's are f'n easy to shoot now now I am 98% sure of a hit against any (moving) chopper
              good to hear it works for you, but please stay ontopic, this doesnt resolve my issue.

Comment

Okay, so I read unofficially out. However, I am just going to hang back until EA announced the official patch is out. Been on EA message board and looked at EA downloader nothing on.

A person wrote on EA Message the following in which I agree 'That's what they said when the 1.22 patch was leaked out before EA announced it's release and allot of people ended up having problems with it requiring a full uninstall/reinstall of BF2.'

No doubt we will see posting of what a mess the patch is due to this leak. Could be wrong!!!

Comment

I've got the same problem, installed the incremental patch from multiplay ftp and now I crash to desktop when loading. Cannot re-apply patch as it states I need 1.22 installed to patch. I'll try the full patch if not I guess its a re-install

Installed the full patch but it still crashes to desktop during loading. Will try reinstalling now. :hmm:

Comment

A2A missiles still dont work

Comment

Originally posted by simon1973
                      Okay, so I read unofficially out. However, I am just going to hang back until EA announced the official patch is out. Been on EA message board and looked at EA downloader nothing on.

A person wrote on EA Message the following in which I agree 'That's what they said when the 1.22 patch was leaked out before EA announced it's release and allot of people ended up having problems with it requiring a full uninstall/reinstall of BF2.'

No doubt we will see posting of what a mess the patch is due to this leak. Could be wrong!!!
                      it is official people! Fileplanet, EA, and BF2.com are all claiming so. I'd say they are credible

Comment

DO NOT download the file linked to by "BF2035", it is a .rar file containing a virus (video.exe)

Comment

When a BF2 patch is released i advise u all to delete the entries in the following folder..

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache

As this can exterminate any conflicts between the previous & updated files.

Comment

Wow, this could go on for a while, theres so many problems

Comment

Next time you patch, don't run any stupid processes which may interrupt it.

Comment

Working...
                              X