• Show
Clear All

• 1.3 change log

I found this on another forum:

ReadMe File
    April 25, 2006

NEW FEATURES

- Air dropped vehicles:
    Squad members can now send a request up the chain of command for a vehicle to
    be dropped at their location.

- Co-op:
    Co-op Mode allows you to play Single Player levels on the Internet and LAN with
    both AI controlled bots and human players. Several new options have been created
    that will allow the server creator to modify how the bots behave in game.

Number of Bots: This setting allows you to determine the total number of bots that
    will spawn in game.

Bot Ratio: This setting allows you to determine the percentage of total bots that
    will spawn for each team. For example, setting this value to 25 means that 25% of
    the total bots will spawn in Team 1, and 75% in Team 2. Team 1 is always the MEC,
    Chinese, or their allies, while Team 2 is always the USA, EU, and their allies.

Bot Difficulty: This setting determines the skill level of the bots. 10 is
    easiest,
    100 is the most difficult.

- Default Kit Selection:
    The kit that you used last is remembered at the beginning of the round and between
    maps.

BUG FIXES & GAMEPLAY TWEAKS

- Fixed issues with remote console and linux server

- Prevented ban list from being cleared in the event of a server crash.

- Fixed the bug where helicopters abandoned in the air would continue flying.

- Fixed issue with player not properly ranking up on servers where they continuously
    play.

- If the player joins a squad while dead, the player will not be able to use the
    squad leader as a spawn point until they have respawned once.

- Flag Capture bar now reacts accurately to players entering the capture radius.

- Fixed bug where friendly vehicles showed as valid targets

- Friendly Vehicle lock: Lock-on weapons do not lock on to friendly vehicles.
    The box with an X through it will still appear, but a lock tone will not sound
    and then if fired, the missile will not track the friendly target.

- Fixed bug that altered mini map functionality

- Adjusted missile count on BF2SF helicopters.

- Fixed bug with Special Forces rank names.

- Fixed repairing HUD for the engineer when in a vehicle

- Adjusted award criteria

- Fixed a client crash after entering 300 characters into the IP address using
    "connect to IP"

- Fixed a tech hang when creating a single player account from an offline account

- Fixed crash when switching from BF2 to BF2:SF (or vice versa)

- Fixed a crash caused when a player is joining a map and another player logs into
    the same account

- Fixed a Dragon Valley exploit

- Fixed a bug on Zatar Wetlands where AA missiles would not lock onto oil towers

- Fixed a bug that caused the Eurofighter explosion to appear as a Mig-29 wreckage

-
    Armor Bar removed from occupied machinegun emplacements

- Fixed a bug on Kubra Dam and Zatar Wetlands that caused enemy AA sites to not
    display in bombing HUD

- Special Forces - Firing crossbow from open vehicle position causes others to see
    player weapon firing

- Fixed Repair Hud for the engineer when in a vehicle and repairing a team mate
    vehicles

- Fixed a bug on Strike at Karkand where players were able to get inside a building
    by Train Accident when FF is turned off

- Fixed the commander toys on Wake Island 2007 so that the US can no longer disable
    the Chinese artillery

- Fixed a bug in Zatar Wetlands 32 where commander assets were not being properly
    dropped to the location specified by the User.

Re: 1.3 change log

Nice
    Thanks mate

Comment

One thing that concerns me though is that it doesn't mention anything about the size of the maps allowed in the co-op games ?.

Comment

Ah well..nothing exciting added.

Comment

Nice thanks man that is really valueable news since there are things I even didn't knew like the engineer thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Batausu
            - Fixed the commander toys on Wake Island 2007 so that the US can no longer disable
            the Chinese artillery
            I wonder what this means...

Comment

Originally posted by Batausu
              I wonder what this means...
              Probably means when the US captured the airfield and destroyed the PLA's arty, it's became US arty and restored has been fixed.

Comment

- Fixed red tag bug ??

I wonder if they will ever fix that one.

Comment

-Adjusted award criteria!
                  Sounds like that topic last week may have some substance.

Comment

The kit that you used last is remembered at the beginning of the round and between
                    maps.
                    :yay:

Comment

HOLD ON! What about the F35B and J10 imbalance?!?!?! Nothing has been done about THAT?! I did not see anything about it on this list, please tell me I'm missing something...

If they have not fixed it, I am leaving BF2 for good, I've made my mind up a long tm ago and thought if it is not fixed, I'm done playing BF2.

Comment

If they have not fixed it, I am leaving BF2 for good, I've made my mind up a long tm ago and thought if it is not fixed, I'm done playing BF2.
                        Good pilots can shake J10's off their tail Ive had it sometimes that they did some wackass manouvers and then were gone back to their Carrier..

And did you know that if the F35B would raise to 800FT it would go supersonic or something missiles can not hit it then anymore..

I don't see any "imbalance".. Though the J10 is faster It could have had less armour right..

Comment

Originally posted by KoMeT*[NL]
                          Good pilots can shake J10's off their tail Ive had it sometimes that they did some wackass manouvers and then were gone back to their Carrier..

And did you know that if the F35B would raise to 800FT it would go supersonic or something missiles can not hit it then anymore..

I don't see any "imbalance".. Though the J10 is faster It could have had less armour right..

I sure do know that. I fly all the time and I do shake them off, but not always. If you have a decent pilot in a J10 you will HARDLY be able to shak it off. I never fly the J10 because it's too easy, I'm always in the F35B and I know all the tricks to shake a J10 off but I am not happy about how stupidly EASY it is to shoot a F35B down with a J10.

Comment

they cant add anything too excitting.......gotta save the stuff that was supposed to be in bf2, that should be in bf2, that can be really, fixed now, for bf2, and save that for BF2142.

thats my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Pilo-II
                              HOLD ON! What about the F35B and J10 imbalance?!?!?! Nothing has been done about THAT?! I did not see anything about it on this list, please tell me I'm missing something...

Dont let the door hit you in the but on the way out.....:laugh:

Comment

Working...
                              X