SF Install Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF Install Issues

I recently uninstalled my BF2 install. I then re-installed it, and proceded to try a clean install of Special Forces. However, the install would not go past the patching (1.1) stage. I moved the patch to my C: drive, and it installed fine. I then went to install SF, but it was stiff hung at the patching part. What should I do? Why the HELL is it doing this? is DICE retarded ? I spent $100 on BF2 and another 30 somthing on SF, and now, I can't play either of them, even with a clean reinstall. I'm very unimpressed. However, if someone can help, I will certainly be impressed by them!

Cheers

Re: SF Install Issues

Where do you have BF2 installed to?

Maybe you should run the SF setup.exe file off the CD manually and maybe it'll skip the patching part since you already patched to v1.1 by copying the patch files to your C drive and installing from there.

Comment

Re: SF Install Issues

it runs the patch automatically when you run the setup exe from C:

i did a clean install into the default directory

any more ideas? apparently, after closing the install, sf is installed, but when i go to run the game, the screen goes black, flashes black a few times and then i have to ctrl alt del and close it cause the game is not responding.

its sad

Comment

Working...
      X