Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashes to desktop

Hey guys... My specs are:

Motherboard Name MSI K8N Diamond / K8N SLI Platinum (MS-7100)
    CPU Type AMD Athlon 64, 2400 MHz (12 x 200) 4000+
    nVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT OC
    2GB DDR400 RAM
    450W Power Supply

My game crashes to desktop after 10-15 minutes....

What I have done recently, I went from 2 sticks x 512Mb RAM to 2 sticks x 1GB Ram....(After I installed the new RAM) I read the manual (stupid huh) that my mobo accepts DDR333 for the 2 sticks of 1GB RAM...I already have bought DDR400 and it shows the total of 2GB just fine in the computer properties...

What can I do to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance

Re: Crashes to desktop

Originally posted by tool62
    Hey guys... My specs are:

Motherboard Name MSI K8N Diamond / K8N SLI Platinum (MS-7100)
    CPU Type AMD Athlon 64, 2400 MHz (12 x 200) 4000+
    nVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT OC
    2GB DDR400 RAM
    450W Power Supply

My game crashes to desktop after 10-15 minutes....

What I have done recently, I went from 2 sticks x 512Mb RAM to 2 sticks x 1GB Ram....(After I installed the new RAM) I read the manual (stupid huh) that my mobo accepts DDR333 for the 2 sticks of 1GB RAM...I already have bought DDR400 and it shows the total of 2GB just fine in the computer properties...

What can I do to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance
    This is usally a heat issue, Check and make sure all fans are working. Open the case and put a fan blowing in to eleminate heat. Also check heat sinks for too much dust build up.

Also is that a Quality "brand name" Powersupply. Weak PSU's can do this also. It needs to put out at least 20Amps on the 12v rail or there will be problems with that video card.

Comment

really thanks flackman...now you are mentioning heat...i had the pc open from 6 p.m. till 12 at midnight when i sat there to play....our weather here is freaking hot....so i guess you are right...Must see what will do with heat as my PSU is a top quality golden sheit.....THANKS AGAIN

Comment

I would also run something like prime or memtest86 just to make sure your system is stable. Adding another couple of fans helps out a lot. I added one intake on the front of my computer (which is adjustable so when I don't need it to blast air I can turn it down) and one on the side of my tower for my video card. My idle temps are 32C and full load 39-40C. Graphics card is 34C at idle and full load never above 50c.

athlon 64 3200
        2gig ram
        7800gt oc'd
        500W silverstone psu

Comment

Working...
        X