Forgotten Hope 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgotten Hope 1

I only played an early release of FH, is it worth reinstalling bf1942 to play the current version?

It still looks amazing even though its outdated, as it does have hundreds of new stuff plus im more of a fan of ww2 rather than lame modern warfare...

Re: Forgotten Hope 1

It depends on how patient you are for waiting for FH2 I guess. I played FH42 for a while after BF2 released but the extremly horrible netcode of BF1942 (yes, worse than BF2) annoyed me so bad I never have played again after the release of PRMM.

However, FH is still an amazing mod and is (in my opinion) better than Vanilla BF2. I think about playing it every once in a while, but I can just wait for FH2. (though I don't know how long that will be)

I forget how large the download is, but expect it to be fairly big. (few gigs?) Until then, I guarentee you will like it and find it worh re-installing BF1942 and downloading FH. (That is if you can stand that damn netcode)

Comment

Definately worth it, I still play it regularly. Usually the WOLF server is the only heavily populated one but it has enough players throughout any time of day I've checked not really a problem.
      There's a bit of a learning curve; with the infantry combat (above waist hits are usually 1 shot kills), you have to use the scope on a tank in order to aim at range, there is alot of difference in the tanks from vanilla for example you'd be nuts to go head on with a sherman against a tiger but you can attack the rear to do more damage, AT weapons are less accurate and shorter range but a good hit can kill many tanks in one hit, etc.
      The full download of FH .7 is ~2GB. And you'll need to get the recently released Map Pack #6 another 500MB. Well worth it though.

Comment

thanks for the tips, and glad to here theres some semi-realism

Just started dling FH with the mappack, 2.5 gigs...

Comment

Its pretty realistic, VERY realistic compared to Vanilla...heh..

Comment

Working...
          X