User Reviews of the New Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Reviews of the New Mods

I know many of the people on these forums are tired of playing regualar old VBF2 and thanks to the mods that are finally starting you dont have to anymore. But what mod is for you sure you can download them (they are free) and try them out but it's always kinda cool to hear other peoples opinions on things, and you might be able to find out how the people who have invested some time in playing the mod like it. So this thread is for user reviews of the mod the keyword here is reviews dont just post I LOVE THIS MOD, or THIS MOD IS THE SUCK. Review it right a couple of paragraphs atleast. (might even be a good stickie if it catches on)

Here are my first review of the new mods that I have played.

OPK

The first thing I noticed when I jumped into this mod is the maps are big very big like wake island with no water. This can get a little anoying if you dont have a vehicle to get from point A to point B but most of the maps seem chalked full of vehicles atleast if you spawn in the right place.

Lots of vehicles might have people worrying about vehicle whoring but from what I have seen this isnt much of a problem because the way the maps are desighned (lots of trees and or buildings) It is easy for infantry to hide from a passing tank. The helicopters in OPK are one of my favorite additions the game incloudes the Hind and the Tiger. These choppers are well balanced but not in the traditional sense the Tiger is super fast and angile to the point that it seems a little silly (barell rolls for five hours are no problem in this thing) It is also armed with camera guided missiles, laser guided missiles, AA missiles and rocket pods for the piolit. The Hind on the other hand is armed only with the standard bf2 load out rocket pods cannon and camera guided missile it is also less manuverable the the Tiger. So how are the two choppers balanced the Hind can carry 4+ (have not yet tested the exact number) passengers a very cool abillity for an attack chopper. Airplanes in OPK are few and far between they are only seen on 64 player maps so the majority of games wont have any planes. The planes no longer have bombs just misiiles and cannons.

The infantry classes in OPK have all been reworked as well I'll describe the main changes. Medics are no longer armed with a powerful gun aswell as shock paddles and med packs they have been downgraded to a weaker main weapon. Machine gunners are no longer resupply they are however armed with an exceptionally dangerous weapon. AT now has an engineers wrentch. And resupply is simmilar to assault armed with a G3 and resuplly boxes. The classes as a whole now have considerably less ammo so a resupply man may be a necesitty. Also worth noting the parachute is totally gone and it takes noticeably less shots to kill other infantry.

But there are some problems with the mods changes teamwork is now more necessary to get anything done due to the larger map sizes but the mod doesnt really encourage teamwork in any way. The hind's ability to carry people is very cool but due to the lack of parachutes the chopper must land to let people out. Sadly the piolit usually just refuses to let anyone off and flys around untill everyone in the chopper is killed. I am happy with the modders choice to remove arty from the game as this does premote teamwork (moving as a group doesnt just make you arty fodder) But the removal of bombers along with this has caused some problems on maps with open flags like ambush where tanks and AA can sit for the entire game without being deystroyed, bombs would be nice to hit these vehicles. OPK also allows a lone infantry to get straded in the middle of no where which is very anoying because it can take 5 minutes to walk to a base or useful position. Frame rates can be a bit iffy especially when flying over the town in one of the maps, or when you go into a building. Another issue no fault of OPK is the general lack of players at the moment on average I see 70 servers but only 3-5 of these are inhabited and maybe 1 or 2 are significantly filled 12+.

Yet in general I am enjoying the mod.

Re: User Reviews of the New Mods

i thought prmm was crap i got on, played, puked, tried again, atemted suicide, failed, uninstalled. in otherwords dont get it

Comment

I have only played USI for a little while now and someone may have a netter review of it but what the heck.

Ok, so most of the weapons are the same for the classes. Engineer's have AA rockets with them now, so they are more usefull than before. The sniper looks like a M4 with a Scope. I haven't been able to try it out yet, though.

The tanks in this are much cooler now. They have Sabot(a weapon selection), which is used for other tanks and armor. And they have Heat)I forgget what it's called) which has splash damage and is mainly used for infantry. And of course they have smoke.

To combat the tanks, they have the A-10. OMG. This plane WILL wet your pants. It has a cannon which alone can take out a tank. It sounds nice too. It overheats in about 3 or 4 seconds, though, so it's kinda limited.It also has 14 rockets. The only thing bad about the plane is that it turns around SO slow. I haven't heard of a dogfight one with the A-10. I see it mainly used for taking out tanks, which it's supposed to.

They also have a lot of AA guns and AA vehicles to take out the A-10. You would think it's overpowered but it's not. The maps are detailed well and look good. But some maps are like drawn out. If you don't have a vehicle(which probably won't happen) you will walk for awhile. But there's never a scarcity of tanks or jeeps so you don't have to worry about it.

Just a little review. Somebody probably has a better one so go ahead and post it.

Comment

Download BattleRacer 1.21 and have fun.

Fin.

Comment

Originally posted by Darthdean1600
          i thought prmm was crap i got on, played, puked, tried again, atemted suicide, failed, uninstalled. in otherwords dont get it
          what exactly is wrong with it? i have a friend who has it and he think it rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Darthdean1600
            Did you pick up on the not just writing THIS GAME IS THE SUXOR PART? This isnt a review it's just a rant.

Apostle's review is fair though I mean its a game about racing buggys not much 2 it

Comment

Working...
            X