Camera Guided Missiles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera Guided Missiles?

I'm pretty experienced chopper pilot, but unforunately I dont have the most experience as a gunner. So I'm pretty rotten shot with the camera guided missiles. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for those? Are there any modifier keys that affect the missiles?

Re: Camera Guided Missiles?

I'm not aware of any modifier keys. I think the things you need to get used to are:
    A - leading your target and
    B - compensating for the chopper's movement

You can practice "B" by finding an almost empty server with a willing chopper pilot, then flying around and TV-ing stationary targets (e.g. parked tanks, jeeps, etc).
    To practice "A," you may just have to give it a try during some real online play, with actual moving targets.

One other tip -- ideally, you want to be able to just click once to fire, and have your missile hit the target. But sometimes (due to interfering terrain, or something) you'll have to click once to fire, then again to turn the missile toward the target.

Comment

just click on average once a second to reguide it.....if you click too erratically i found i have less accuracy

also listen to the guy above...good tips!!

Comment

Originally posted by tlniec
        I'm not aware of any modifier keys. I think the things you need to get used to are:
        A - leading your target and
        B - compensating for the chopper's movement

You can practice "B" by finding an almost empty server with a willing chopper pilot, then flying around and TV-ing stationary targets (e.g. parked tanks, jeeps, etc).
        To practice "A," you may just have to give it a try during some real online play, with actual moving targets.

One other tip -- ideally, you want to be able to just click once to fire, and have your missile hit the target. But sometimes (due to interfering terrain, or something) you'll have to click once to fire, then again to turn the missile toward the target.
        I'll give that a try thanks

Comment

Moved to correct forum..despite it's name..the Tips and Tricks forum is for POSTING your tips and tricks..not for asking for some

Comment

Working...
          X