Please help... Sound card...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help... Sound card...

Ok so I got this sound card from a friend... It's a Creative labs Vibra 16X CT4170... Now I currently have a vinyl AC'97 onboard driver on my computer... I want to know if this creative labs vibra one will be better than the onboard... I currently get crackling in the background of BF2 with the onboard... Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Please help... Sound card...

dont kno...i checked the price and on ebay its $1.50?!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Creative-Labs-Vi...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Originally posted by MadRopes
      Ok so I got this sound card from a friend... It's a Creative labs Vibra 16X CT4170... Now I currently have a vinyl AC'97 onboard driver on my computer... I want to know if this creative labs vibra one will be better than the onboard... I currently get crackling in the background of BF2 with the onboard... Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated.
      you're better with onboard. you need to use "software" audio rendering unless you upgrade to a supported soundcard. it shouldn't crackle, though. you may need to update your audio drivers.

rest of specs, pls?

Comment

Originally posted by megawhompertoo
        you're better with onboard. you need to use "software" audio rendering unless you upgrade to a supported soundcard. it shouldn't crackle, though. you may need to update your audio drivers.

rest of specs, pls?
        2.4 Ghz P4
        1 gig PC2700 RAM
        Geforce 6600

Comment

I'm gonna go with 'onboard' in this case. That Vibra 16 does NOT sound like a good card at all, even if it is Creative.

Comment

yeah. go onboard and in software mode.

creative has an ebay store; you can get a refurb'd audigy 2 zs (i did--up to 7.1 ready; it does 5.1 in BF2 very, very well) for around $40 - $50, and creative doesn't hijack you on shipping like most ebay sellers.

other cards: audigy 4 isn't a big improvement (2 zs was a very late updated version of the 2); audigy se isn't supported for HW; x-fi is a better card, but you really, really have to love your PC in order to lay down that many bucks on a soundcard.

gl and happy trails.

Comment

that card is not good at all. pretty old too, couldnt find it on their website. the ac97 isnt too bad either, go with that. onboard

Comment

Working...
              X