Making a server...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a server...

Recently I have been messing around with the BF2 Server Laucncher utility, it's fun messing around with it, but what about battle recorder? Is it possible to be abled to record Demos from a game you created direcly to your PC? Or do you have to own a website to post it on(I think i read something like that in that confusing readme supplied with the game).

Thanks for your help in advance!!!

Oh and i have one more problem... in the server launcher setup, one of the first options asks if the server should be displayed on the server browser ingame (so other people can join using a search instead of needing the ip address), but when i select that, then start the server, i go ingame and search the title of my server, but i cant find it!

Thanks again!

Here is the server name, see if you can find it:
    FuzzyTeddy

And here is the IP:

Port is:

Re: Making a server...

192.168.15.101-> that a defualt LAN ip. only people on your network can use it,

Comment

To find out your public IP go to www.whatismyip.com

Comment

THANKS!!! But do you know anything about battlerecorder saving to the computer of the server hoster?

Comment

Argh! Why wont it work? is that how you guys find out your ip? Cause now when i use the ip that 'www.whatismyip.com' told me was mine, when i start the server in the monitoring window, where it shows it loading and stuff, it just says 'status: [no game]. Why is it doing this?

Comment

I went to whatismyip.com and it told me, but when i typed it in as the server ip then started it, it didnt start, and in the game process window, it said: game status: [no game](or something similar). And when i did the following it gave me 192.168.15.101. I did this: start/all programs/accessories/command promt, then i typed in 'ipconfig'.

Comment

do you have a router? its probely blocking the ports you need.

Comment

yes i do, and i saw in the readme that there are some ports that need to be disabled in the firewall, but i didnt read anything about them being blocked in the router, if thats the case, then how would you go about disabling the ports?

Comment

Originally posted by Travers1111
                  yes i do, and i saw in the readme that there are some ports that need to be disabled in the firewall, but i didnt read anything about them being blocked in the router, if thats the case, then how would you go about disabling the ports?

It's not disabling them, it's fowarding them.
                  This should help.
                  An explanation of port forwarding and the necessary steps to set up port forwarding in your router.

Comment

Working...
                  X