X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New 2142 Footage

Interesting find.

I've got mixed thoughts over BF 2142.

Wish there were some more structural changes to gameplay or even new classes.
    Kinda looks like they just changed skins on models. :hmm:

Environments look slick however.

Comment

Originally posted by xisix
      Interesting find.

I've got mixed thoughts over BF 2142.

Wish there were some more structural changes to gameplay or even new classes.
      Kinda looks like they just changed skins on models. :hmm:

Environments look slick however.
      Are you kidding?

Kits have been totally overhauled. There's now 3 basic classes that you devlop to become more specific accourding to your tastes. Kits are fully customizable allowing you to choose the weapons and equipment you want for any given situation. Taking less gear makes you faster too.

The new game type is something that's actually NEW! You could compair it to defend and destroy game types, but with a lot more going on.

The new Rocket launched infantry is entierly new too. APCs have the ability to launch infantry halfway across the map via drop pods.

Let's not forget spawn beacons, remote guns, auto-drones, and optical cammo.

If you still think BF2142 isn't bringing anything new to the table, you really need to go snoop www.totalBF2142.com

Comment

As I said in a previous thread, let's hope they learn some lessons from previous games this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
          Are you kidding?
          nah. .... only going from impressions from that gameplay footage in link.

I could easily tell what looked various traditional kits like support/sniper weaponry.
          When they showed soldier get in cockpit of flying jobbie seemed sim to helicopter layout from BF2.
          Know game developers want to carry basic themes from previous version
          but I want several differences/enhancements especially if sci-fi themed .

Appreciate link - will read about gameplay enhancements there.

We shall both see months down road once actually out.

Comment

That looks so unbelievably stupid...
            The dying noises are really funny though. I dunno, maybe if it goes down to like 20 bucks, I might get it and it gets a good review. And Im not trusting Gamespot anymore, 'SF is good except for its HUGE SHOWSTOPPING BUGS'. lol. But right now it looks pretty retarted.

Comment

is it just me or do the soldiers sound like they are getting raped when they die. should have kept bf2 dying sounds

Comment

lmao you hear that guy screaming looks awsome

Comment

It looks great. Cant wait to rack up the points and achieve high ranks again

Comment

thats sex

Comment

Hmmm, for some reason I'm not at all interested in 2142. IMO there shouldn't be a "new" release for at least another 1.5 years or so.

Comment

Working...
                      X