Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "GhostManager.cpp" error - EA blames my video card

Hi all,

I've been a BF2 gamer since demo days. I was happily playing until the v1.22 patch when the game started consistently crashing for no reason. Over about a week of intense troubleshooting I found the crash is the infamous "GhostManager.cpp" bug.

The game just won't run properly for me anymore. You name it I'e done it just about. Reinstalled game, patch, in safe mode, uninstalled game in safe mode, uninstalled game manually as per EA guides, switched of all other software, reinstalled windows, done memory check with memtest. Nothing works.

EA has finally pinned the blame on my nVidia 5900 AGP card, saying that the AGP version is no longer supported and only PCIe versions of the card will work.

Does anyone here use v1.22 with an nVidia Geforce 5900 AGP style card? Does it crash to desktop for no reason since v1.22 came out?

Re: "GhostManager.cpp" error - EA blames my video card

I played with the 5200 Ultra and patch 1.22 just fine.

and while I'm at it, I believe there is no such thing as a PCIe version of the 5900.

Comment

I played with the 5200 Ultra and patch 1.22 just fine.
      same here
      and if there was a PCI-E version of that card why would u wast your mone on it.

Comment

I guess that a 5200 is worse than a 5900? Anyhow, it would be nice to get some response from users with 5900 AGP cards since they don't say that 5900 support is gone, just "5900 AGP". A PCIe card is meant to work fine. They've got to be bull****ting me haven't they? I think it's because I've done everything I possibly can to get their game to work since the v1.22 update and since they can't solve the problem they just want to blame it on something.

This same bug has been documented since the game came out, for some reason it's only appeared on my system since v1.22.

Comment

Nvidia 5950Ultra AGP works fine with 1.22.

So does an ATI x800xl AGP.

Did you try different video drivers?

Comment

Originally posted by lonegunm4n
            I believe there is no such thing as a PCIe version of the 5900.
            I think they made a PCIE 5950

Comment

Working...
            X