There is a problem with your connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is a problem with your connection

Over the past few weeks I have been have this infuriating message come up in my game and lost many a point. Finally, yesterday out of shear frustration I started to check all my cable modem wire connections by unscrewing them and then reattaching. Guess what. One freaking cable connection just separated in my hand. I replaced it and have not had the message to come back since. Hope this helps someone else.

Re: There is a problem with your connection

I've been getting that message a lot recently. You've inspired me to give my cables a visual inspection, but I don't believe that's my problem since it only happens sometimes and when it does happen it comes in groups of like 5-10 back to back.

Comment

Another thing I tried was to turn of cable modem, turn off router, turn off cpu. Wait 20 seconds, turn on cable modem, wait for 4 blinking lights, turn on router, wait for about 5 seconds, turn on computer. Go to command line, start, run, cmd. At the command prompt type ipconfig /release then type ipconfig /renew. This is supposed to release your old ip address and reacquire a new one. Might be of help in your case. Won't hurt anything.

Comment

a case of answering your own question?

Comment

I get this a lot. I believe it to be hardware failure. Whenever it happens the modem loses connectivity. I'm currently working on having the modem replaced. It's almost always hardware related from what I've read.

Comment

I've been getting it loads recently too.
            Mine seems to happen more when first loading a map.
            But usually happens when ive just got in from work and cold booted my pc (coz its been off all day) but my router is on 24/7.

It'll load a map - fine - choose a kit and then up pops 'you have a problem with your connection', then kicks me out. If i try and load the same map the same thing will happen. Try and load a new map and the same thing.

The only way round it i have found (but not sure if it actually does anything), is to turn off pc. Restart router, wait till connected, then re-start pc and all is fine!

Yet sometimes its fine and i can load a map no probs!!

WIERD.........yes..........proper solution............no
            BF2 being buggy.............YES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X