• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could anyone help me with this ?

Hi. Im kind of new to BF2 and i got a new video card :
    [Radeon 9250 / PCI 256mb \ Version:6.14.10.6458]
    [I got 1024 MBram
    Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: Polish)
    System Manufacturer: HP Pavilion 061
    System Model: PJ510AA-ABA a730n
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 11/12/04 10:43:35 Ver: 08.00.10
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 1016MB RAM
    Page File: 549MB used, 1124MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode]

and when i want to play BF2 this messege pops up.
    "VPU recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver command"

Could anyone help me?

Re: Could anyone help me with this ?

Originally posted by Kwiatek
    Hi. Im kind of new to BF2 and i got a new video card [Radeon 9250 / PCI 256mb \ Version:6.14.10.6458] and when i want to plsy BF2 this messege pops up.

"VPU recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver command"

Could anyone help me?
    Hi

Here's a search of the forum, for threads with title including 9250 and PCI:

Maybe look in those.

9250 isn't on the list of supported ATI cards, and especially not the PCI version. That being said it might still work, look in the releated threads.

Try posting your DXDIAG info as mentioned in the sticky thread above:

Have you installed chipset drivers etc? Do other games work? Look in the sticky for more hints as to what information you can relay in your post, so pp more easily can help you.

If you have installed latest chipset drivers, then try uninstalling your video drivers and reinstalling the latest version (6.14.10.6458 you mention isn't the latest version), look here how:

Comment

That card is very outdated and will play BF2 incredibly bad if at all. Your best bet is to get a new one. I recommend a 6600GT or better.

Comment

THNX ill try this.
        How do u want me to post the Dxdiag .. its way to long to just cut & paste.

Comment

Any idea what is the NEWEST version of the Driver for my ideo Card .. if yes can u post it on this Threat ?

Nvm this too ... i foud that the newest Vesrion is 8.241.0.0 ... found in the ATI catalyst version 6.4

Comment

Yes, updating chipset drivers (i.e. motherboard drivers) usually helps with this card.

But it is seriously outdated and I would be surprised if you could get it working without any serious performance issues..

Comment

Well i did everything that u guys suggested and nope ... still the same msg popes up.
              Every other game works perfectly exept BF2

Comment

You said that you got a new grafix card!?! And thats it??? If you paid more than $80(CND) then you should smack who ever sold it to you! lol

Comment

Working...
                X