ghost recon advanced warfighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ghost recon advanced warfighter

Anyone tried this new game yet and how does it compare to BF2 ?

Re: ghost recon advanced warfighter

Yeah...it's NOTHING like BF2 (and nobody should expect it to be) but it's also not like other Ghost Recon games.

Graphics aren't as good as you would expect and the controls are a bit dicey. I'll admit that the views from the helicopters are BREATHTAKING...too bad they are cinematic and non-interactive sequences.

Online COOP is pretty fun.

It's good...don't get me wrong. But I think my faith in the Tom Clancy games for PC will never be the same..

Comment

it doesnt compare to bf2 at all, they are two different types of games.

Comment

Though these forums are about BF2, I will offer my experiences - from the Win64 point of view.

I have a pretty decked out rig, but I would not recommend the game for win64 yet. The physX drivers will not work under x64 so they run in emulation mode. I found myself having rather sluggish response with the user interface during shooting which I beleive is due to the lack of a 64-bit driver. I ran both games at game maximum graphic and sound settings.

Aside from that the game has a plot that is interesting to follow. For a first-person shooter, you get dropped into an urban setting and have to locate your team members. Once you do, the in-game tutorial helps you get started. The game is very tactical and the bots under your control are responsive to your commands and have a degree of AI intelligence that gives the game a degree of realism that neat. I won't ruin the game for you with the gory details.

Short version - it is not BF2 and if I could get the physX to work as intended, I imagine the game would have been less laggy for me. My ratings:
        BF2:
        Fun: 8/10
        Graphics:7/10
        Playability:8/10
        Frustration:9/10

AWF:
        Fun:6/10
        Graphics:8/10
        Playability:6/10
        Frustration:8/10

Comment

You do realize that for the physx drivers to work, you need a physx card, right?
          If you dont have the physx processor, the best thing you can do is uninstall the driver to free up a few more fps.

Comment

BF2:
            Fun: 10/10
            Graphics:9/10
            Playability:10/10

AWF:
            Fun:6/10

Comment

I simply don't like GRAW. At all. It dosn't even compare to BF2, but I strongly dislike it.

Comment

I play it now and again but i just dont like it.. at the end of the day its a console port and feels like one with its controls and limited movements likethe fact you cant jump over one sandbag even or climb ladders...

get the demo.... try it for yourself.

or save money and get the far superior SWAT4

Comment

BF2:
                  Fun: 7/10

AWF:
                  Fun:8/10
                  Playability:7/10

Ghost Recon 2:
                  Fun:19/10
                  Graphics:9/10
                  Playability:10/10

Comment

GRAW feels constupated

Comment

I was a big time fan of the original Ghost Recon + Island Thunder + Desert Siege and it was the first game that got me intrested in FPS gaming.

GRAW is nothing like the original and is just a huge turn off from what I remember of this series. There are about four servers with people in them the others have one or two people. When Ghost Recon 2 (PC) was cancelled I knew this series was going downhill.

DO NOT BUY GHOST RECON ADVANCED WARFIGHTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Tough Pants
                        I was a big time fan of the original Ghost Recon + Island Thunder + Desert Siege and it was the first game that got me intrested in FPS gaming.

GRAW is nothing like the original and is just a huge turn off from what I remember of this series. There are about four servers with people in them the others have one or two people. When Ghost Recon 2 (PC) was cancelled I knew this series was going downhill.

DO NOT BUY GHOST RECON ADVANCED WARFIGHTER
                        I totally agree. I was a huge fan of the original GR & add-ons. GRAW is nothing like them at all. It just seems really slow in comparison to BF2.

Comment

Crap. I just bought it and opened the package before reading this.

Ebay, here I come.

Comment

GRAW Is one of the crappiest game i know. I'd rather give 500 bucks for a original pong console than play this game

Comment

Originally posted by Phrag
                              Crap. I just bought it and opened the package before reading this.
                              Damn ! Me too

Comment

Working...
                              X