i have lock on him??? say what!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: i have lock on him??? say what!!!

They should put the bombers on more maps, aren't they only on three of the maps at this point? They would be tight on Wake.

Comment

yes ... what i was talking about was the co plot in the bomber. there is no gunner as we all know. just to add a bit i think we need more voice emots in the game... put up a few suggestions

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Hudson
        Even with a lock, generally one still needs to guide the rocket. Unlike with the chopper, though, no frantic mouse clicking is required; one just needs to keep the target in the crosshairs, i.e., in the center of the screen.
        I'm no expert pilot, but I thought that the bomber had fire and forget bombs that needed no guiding. I'm pretty sure the bombs automatically go to the target they were locked on to, regardless of where you put your mouse and/or click. Can anyone settle this?

Comment

Originally posted by VT Nerd
          I'm no expert pilot, but I thought that the bomber had fire and forget bombs that needed no guiding. I'm pretty sure the bombs automatically go to the target they were locked on to, regardless of where you put your mouse and/or click. Can anyone settle this?
          You are indeed correct, that is of course if the plane is heading more or less towards the target, if you fire them too far to the sides then the planes forward momentum usually means they can't swerve around enough.

There is however a bug with the laser guided missiles that mean sometime even when your fully locked on AND heading at the target they will miss completly, even when blind firing they head off wildly and miss. When the bug first appears every following missile will do the same untill you are shot down :hmm:

this bug has been there for months, but it fixes itslef when you get a newly spawned plane. I am not sure what causes it as it seems pretty random, just make sure you let the pilot know if it happens so he can stop lining you up and bomb targets instead, or else its a waste him lining you up.

Comment

Originally posted by Teaves
            You are indeed correct, that is of course if the plane is heading more or less towards the target, if you fire them too far to the sides then the planes forward momentum usually means they can't swerve around enough.
            No, I stand by my answer. On my other account, this is all I play--gunner bomber--and I have about 200 consecutive hours at it.

The effect is subtle. If you "lock on", fire-and-forget, it's pretty much random luck if you hit the target if you move the crosshair away from the target's general vicincity. This is not a bug, well, at least not one like you are describing. I never need to be "shot down" to start hitting targets again.

But if I am able to keep my crosshairs on the target (not necessarily directly on the target, but in the general area) and I am locked on, I get a kill 100% of the time.

I'm not going to debate this. Like I said, this is all I do on one account with a buddy of mine (he pilots, obviously).

But hey, it doesn't matter to me if you believe me or not I guess since it's no skin of my nose if you choose not to maximize the bomber's role.

Comment

Things to remember about the laser guided.

Always aim forward sure you can aim around but you will not hit a thing.

Laser guideds are actually partially camera guided. Try it out fire a missile and aim camera it changes the direction of the rocket. What does this mean? Keep the camera aimed on the target you are looking to kill with the missile dont look away. (I have actually hit choppers by guiding missles via the camera THAT WAS THE SWEET)

These missiles are anoying so dont get to upset sometimes they decide not to fire, wont reaload cant go into to missile fire mode and bla bla bla co piolit is just used to rarely for EA to fix the bugs in the position.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Hudson
                No, I stand by my answer. On my other account, this is all I play--gunner bomber--and I have about 200 consecutive hours at it.

The effect is subtle. If you "lock on", fire-and-forget, it's pretty much random luck if you hit the target if you move the crosshair away from the target's general vicincity. This is not a bug, well, at least not one like you are describing. I never need to be "shot down" to start hitting targets again.

But if I am able to keep my crosshairs on the target (not necessarily directly on the target, but in the general area) and I am locked on, I get a kill 100% of the time.

I'm not going to debate this. Like I said, this is all I do on one account with a buddy of mine (he pilots, obviously).

But hey, it doesn't matter to me if you believe me or not I guess since it's no skin of my nose if you choose not to maximize the bomber's role.
                I play it alot to, and it is buggy. Don't tell me you havnt seen the ghost missles. You get the sound, but nothing comes out. Only way to fix it is to ditch the plane. Also also sometimes they wont even guide. They go where ever they fell like it.

Comment

Alot of cos that fly with me will hve to get a crash course on how to shoot at fast speeds because i dont slow down, i dont want to get hit by an AT going 5mph

Comment

Originally posted by drag bag
                    this little frase has bugged me for some time. cos only the gunner can hear it!!so you are talking to yourself:laugh: after all you know you are locked on when you hear the lock on tone..it should be that the pilot can hear it so as to help you keep the lock.........
                    This is a really good point dude. Glad you brought this up. It would be good if the pilot would hear that phrase instead of another tone. The phrase would be more attention getting I think than hearing nothing at all. BUT, knowing EA's track record, this will never get changed instead they will probably end up lowering the missile count to 1 instead of 4 because it has the potential to be useful...

Comment

try doing this with bots as the pilot :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                      X